Got Called for an Interview

Diamnd15

Pubnat 2
Non-PEPC route
California
NCT

Chose to go the non traditional way and got a call for an interview for this Friday.:D Didn't think it would have happened this fast, but so excited to actually get a phone call.

and for those of us that already have a first class medical, will we still have to go through the medical portion. THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK

After your interview will you let me know what some of the questions they asked were? Just curious to find out if they are the same as all the PEPC interview. I have a interview on Monday.
Thanks in advance!

After your interview will you let me know what some of the questions they asked were? Just curious to find out if they are the same as all the PEPC interview. I have a interview on Monday.
Thanks in advance!

All questions are scripted. They will be the same.

Pubnat 2
Non-PEPC route
California
NCT

Chose to go the non traditional way and got a call for an interview for this Friday.:D Didn't think it would have happened this fast, but so excited to actually get a phone call.

and for those of us that already have a first class medical, will we still have to go through the medical portion. THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK

hey, it looks like i am in the EXACT same location as yourself, and have decided to go the same route. When did you finish filling out your e-qip and stuff? also, did fax back the release forms to the person that emailed them to you?

i didn't get any e-quip, i only got the 3300-9, and applicant contact form...should i have gotten that email?

had my interview today and thought it went very well...

i didn't get any e-quip, i only got the 3300-9, and applicant contact form...should i have gotten that email?

had my interview today and thought it went very well...

wow that was very fast. i got the contact information and other stuff but still haven't gotten a call for an interview. how long did the interview last? and was it similar to the one on the front page?

My interview was 2 hours long...10 minutes of questioning, 1 hr 50 min of BS'ing. Just be able to hold a conversation and ask questions. Makes you look really interested in this job.

prol about an hour and the same type of questions, but really just more life situation questions than aviation related questions...

wow that was very fast. i got the contact information and other stuff but still haven't gotten a call for an interview. how long did the interview last? and was it similar to the one on the front page?

Look for the sticky post with "PEPC Interview Questions." They have to ask you just about every question on that list. When I did my interview, the ATM was late from lunch so they gave me a tour of the tower and I listened in on the local frequency until he showed up. We chatted a bit, he asked all those questions, then asked a few of his own, mostly out of curiosity I think.

So I had my interview today. It was really laid back the guy was wicked cool. He only asked me a couple questions then we just shot the bull. He was retired Navy and I was in the Air Force so he liked that, thats pretty much what we spoke about.:nana2:

So I had my interview today. It was really laid back the guy was wicked cool. He only asked me a couple questions then we just shot the bull. He was retired Navy and I was in the Air Force so he liked that, thats pretty much what we spoke about.:nana2:
congrats...now time for more waiting...

Got my call today, I'll be interviewing down at ZTL on Monday afternoon. I just need that TOL in hand before Dec 12!!

I had my interview today at ZTL with the facility manager there. About the first 10 minutes was just some general chat about the job, what to do if I wanted a facility transfer in OKC, etc.

We went through the formal questions that have been posted before. He went through maybe a third of them, it was obvious that he had pre-selected a few that he thought were important and then let me take over the discussion from there. I asked him some very general questions about the current environment there, training times, ADS-B and what it meant for controllers in the future, etc. He was going to get my paperwork into OKC ASAP to avoid any delays in getting me my TOL because of my upcoming birthday. He and the training manager (below) both told me to contact them personally if I didn't have something in a week or two.

Then I went and talked to the traning manager and got some really good insight on how long it had been taking people to check out there at ZTL vs. ZME, what the backlog was like, handed me a copy of the en-route map used at the Academy and then gave me contact information for his counterpart at ZME so I could set up a tour there. He said based on his experiences with the last few people going through the non-PEPC process, I should probably expect a OKC start date (assuming classes are available) in the March-April time frame, which is not bad, all things being considered.

What did he indicate check out time frames to be at this point?

About 3-3.5 years, depending on the facility. They were expecting/averaging 3 years at ZTL.

ZTL is backlogged about 1-2 months in the training department. He had spoken to the training manager at ZME a month or two ago and they were putting people into training the second they walked in the door. He said I could probably expect to make D1 in 8-10 months at ZME depending on how well I do in the OJT. Figure about a year at ZTL because of the backlog.

Back