Got a job! There is still hope

Cosmo1999

Hey all. Well the wait is over. Last week I interviewed at Mesa Airlines. I got the call today to start groundschool on Febuary 16th in phoenix.. Looking forward to it. Its my first job at a 121 airline so it will be a great chance at really bulking up my resume for the future.. This is a great site that has a wealth of information about the industry. Its also nice to be able to talk on here without the constant bickering that goes on over at flightinfo.com... Thanks to all who put the work into this site, especially doug... Greatly appricated
cool.gif
.. I am getting myself ready to start drinking from the firehose for a couple months. The training seems intense but the rewards are well worth it. I only had around 1400 hours with 110 multi so if I can get a job I think just about anyone can. Quite a few airlines will be hiring over the next year from what it looks like. Its strange because exactly two years ago today was when I got the call to start my first CFI job. I always tend to get good news around superbowl sunday weekend
smile.gif
If anyone is interested feel free to let me know and I can give all the details about interview, training whatever you want to know.. Good luck to all!!

Congrats!

I'll do that "Dali Lama" blessing thing as I park my car at PCA on the commute to work... It's only a few blocks from the Mesa Training Center.

And bring more of your friendly pals over, the more the merrier!

Thanks, im hoping to get as many people over as I can..
cool.gif
I certainly could use all the blessings I can get.. I plan on locking myself in the hotel room until I have passed my systems and indoc tests... Lots of studying to be done. Luckily I had some pretty tough classes in college that required lots of memorization.. It will come in handy down there.. Im looking forward to getting out of the cold and snow for a few weeks

Oh, and don't walk too far west on Van Buren!

BTW, when do you start ground school?

I start ground school on Febuary 16 so two weeks from monday. It will give me plenty of time to say my goodbyes and get ready to go. I am hoping to get either PHX or DEN as a base so it will be an easy commute from SLC.. Lots of flights a day to each however most all are nearly full so would have to watch it. If i get the east coast ill probably just live out there until I can get something out west. looking forward to flying an airplane where the stall speed is probably pretty darn close to the cruising speed of the plane ive been teaching out of..

And when you begin the commute from PHX, here's a link that you'll want to keep at the top of your favorites:

http://timetables.oag.com/phx/

Updated daily.

I think I'd choose PHX over DEN because the weather is more predictable.

How long after you applied did it take you to hear from them? Before the interview that is....

It took about one month roughly. Sent the stuff in on Dec. 1. Got called around Jan 2 then I interviewed Jan 22.. Actually i thought it was a a pretty quick process.

Congrats man. It's really cool to see you so excited. We all wish you the best and I'm sure you'll do great! What airplane were you assigned? Or is that a lame question? They still have 1900's and CRJ's right? Am I still talking,,,,,GEEEZZZ, I've has a few beers, so please excuse me.
confused.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck to you and most importantly,,,,,HAVE FUN!

[ QUOTE ]
GEEEZZZ, I've has a few beers, so please excuse me.
confused.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck to you and most importantly,,,,,HAVE FUN!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's friday night and you're off! Sheesh! Join the party!

No Doug, it was Friday night at my hotel in Philly (BBBRRR!). I wasn't home, I was downstairs in the lounge driving the hottie waitresses (servers, whatever) nuts. "Can I get you another?",,,,,,,,,,"Uh,,,a,,yes, thank you (buuurrp)."

[ QUOTE ]
I was downstairs in the lounge driving the hottie waitresses (servers, whatever) nuts. "Can I get you another?",,,,,,,,,,"Uh,,,a,,yes, thank you (buuurrp)."

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark!!!

[ QUOTE ]
No Doug, it was Friday night at my hotel in Philly (BBBRRR!). I wasn't home, I was downstairs in the lounge driving the hottie waitresses (servers, whatever) nuts. "Can I get you another?",,,,,,,,,,"Uh,,,a,,yes, thank you (buuurrp)."

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you tipped them well, they won't care. Trust me.

And mucho grats to Cosmo!

Back