good news and bad news :(.

captainphil

The good news is this week is my checkride for my PPL. The bad news is my Dad called me today at college and told me that my golden retriever passed away. I was very attached to that dog and I miss her greatly. I may have to move my checkride to next week so it gives me time to heal before I go back in the cockpit of an airplane. Every body say a prayer for my dog Copper and hope shes at peace. She lived a good 14 years and i'll never forget her since the day I got her.

RIP to your dog Copper man, she's in a better place now. Do what you feel you need to do, there's no sense failing a check ride when you're not up to it. SOrry about the bad news, but keep your head up and good luck with your ride.

Very sorry to hear about Copper. I know how much that hurts. If you feel to distraught to do your ride then definitely reschedule.

Sorry about that man!
Shes in a better place now, just remember the great times you had with her.
and good luck on the checkride

Imagine you're dog sitting in the back cheering for you during your ride. She's still with you in heart and I wish the best of luck to you sir.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Tough as it may sound though... don't delay your checkride, go ahead and pass it.

I am sorry about Copper. I too lost a loyal compainon awhile ago and I still hurt from it. If there is anything I can do for you or if you need to talk please contact me. Here or erich@safeworkinc.com.

I have to give you respect to know when something will distract you and possibly be unsafe on the flight deck. That shows self awareness. My respects to you for that.

When you are ready to fly again (checkride or not) just remember your friend is in heaven and as you fly you are getting closer to Copper. Copper is watching over you and now will be able to experience the true beauty of flight with you.

Again, you have my condolences.

Good luck to you, and may you be comforted in your time of loss. :rawk:

Wow sorry about your loss!

I would be in no shape to fly, especially a checkride, after a tragic event like yours.
Take time off and you better post passing that checkride next week!

That sucks man. I've never lost a pet, but I can only imagine what it would be like.

If you need anything you can always hit me up with a PM.

Sorry about your loss. I know if my dog died right before a checkride I would be pushing it back. Just explain it to the DPE and I'm sure he'll understand. Good luck on your checkride.

So sorry about your dog, it is a bitch I know..Kudos for you in delaying your check ride, shows some very importnat traits that obviously you have.... Good luck bud........

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I am rescheduling my checkride for next week. My Dad told me that he buried my dog in our backyard and made a small memorial for her, and when I come home that we will all gather around and pay our last repects to her. That made me feel so much better when he told me that and I am going to continue with my finals this week and press onward. The good news I got today was that I got a 97 on my aviation safety final so that lifted me up a little bit too :nana2:.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I am rescheduling my checkride for next week. My Dad told me that he buried my dog in our backyard and made a small memorial for her, and when I come home that we will all gather around and pay our last repects to her. That made me feel so much better when he told me that and I am going to continue with my finals this week and press onward. The good news I got today was that I got a 97 on my aviation safety final so that lifted me up a little bit too :nana2:.

Congrats man!

I am very sorry for your loss! I know if I lost my dog I wouldn't be able to fly for a few days, at least. I'm very attached, as it seems you are to your late pet. I totally get where you're coming from. When you do hop in the plane, good luck on your checkride!

Aaww, I'm sorry about your loss Phil. You will do very well on your checkride no doubt. Brighter days ahead!

Phil, I guess I was the only one on this thread to encourage you not to delay the checkride.

In '03 I went ahead with a checkride as planned under 'similar' circumstances. For me, it was the right thing to do. How people handle grief and loss is a very individual thing. I just wanted to elaborate on my post as I guess I could have come across as rather heartless.

I hope that it all goes well on the new date.

Back