Good, bad, & ugly for Apple Tree 6022 N.W. 23rd, OKC

Svirf

Good, bad, & ugly for Apple Tree 6022 N.W. 23rd, OKC

Post your experiences or questions here for Apple Tree...whether real or imagined.

BoomerSooner77

NW 23rd is OKC's equivelant to L.A.'s Crenshaw Blvd (in "the jungle"). Just practice 'hitting the ground' and staying below window seels. :p

Actually, it's coming around in the last 10 years... but I just don't know if I could sleep in that area comfortably.

esw2005

NW 23rd is OKC's equivelant to L.A.'s Crenshaw Blvd (in "the jungle"). Just practice 'hitting the ground' and staying below window seels. :p

Actually, it's coming around in the last 10 years... but I just don't know if I could sleep in that area comfortably.

Nothing like living in the ghetto.....I might have to get my CHL before going to OKC....

Katbonilla

I think im stayin here are the taxes expenisive to get around if I have no car and are there alot of students who dont bring there cars how does that work. When I called the hotel the lady I spoke with said I really dont need a car even if i dont get a rental but still... just wondering... I dont think I can do a 20hr drive from northern va to okc by myself Id go insane:panic:

BoomerSooner77

Is that what you texans call a concealed carry license?
1. Where the hell have you been?

2. In Texas we don't label such things. We like to call it a right to bear arms and depending on what area you live in **cough cough** HOUSTON **cough cough** that refer to it as "Bustin' a cap in ya ass".

aggie_atc

2. In Texas we don't label such things. We like to call it a right to bear arms and depending on what area you live in **cough cough** HOUSTON **cough cough** that refer to it as "Bustin' a cap in ya ass".
:yeahthat:That is why I picked ZHU

Juliet Lima

GOOD - walking distance to 2 gentlemans clubs (23rd and McArthur)
BAD - my wife wasn't too fond of me going to those

GOOD - closer to school than Spanish Gardens
BAD - closer to questionable neighbors (carry a gun)

GOOD - nice pool and party area
BAD - all night pool parties if your trying to get sleep

gimpfest

sorry man!!! been around, just waiting for a class date.....

aggie_atc

I arrived on the 21st, and I have no regrets. My apartment is in good condition, it has new carpet and clean paint. I would recommend the 1 bedroom with study option. The bedroom and closet are huge. The furnishings are nice as well. The apartment complex is gated (you need a code to gain access).

So far the neighborhood is quiet, subdued, and rather non-threatening. Its not a uber-wealthy area, but its got a ghetto. No body armor is required. I have seen scarier neighborhoods in Houston, Baltimore, and El Paso.

Is it the newest apartment complex? No. but it is not bad by any stretch of the imagination. My wish would be for the management to raise the rent to $50, and take the extra income and build a nice exercise / work-out room.

Long story short, I would not worry about finding a new place to stay.

BoomerSooner77

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmVFnhO3A98&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zmVFnhO3A98&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

highlander27

It ain't that bad. I stayed there for about a week before deciding to move over to Walnut Gardens, but that was only because I had some classmates living at Walnut and also because of the Wed nite happy hours.

Overall, the rooms in both complexes are virtually of the same quality. If I were forced to stay in Apple Tree over Walnut Gardens or vice versa, it wouldn't make any difference. I estimate that both properties were prolly built in the 70s-80s. That said, the rooms aren't as bad as some people make them out to be. For sure they're not what I would call nice, but they're suited to their purpose, ie. providing temporary housing to students who pretty much only use their apartments for sleep.

The neighborhoods of both areas are pretty similar as well (they're only about a mile apart from each other), with Apple Tree looking maybe a little safer. One perk of Apple Tree is that there is a liquor store directly across the street. As some of you already know, Oklahoma stores, markets, gas stations, etc. only sell beer that is like 3.5% (don't ask why its just state law). However, places classified as liquor stores do sell full 6% beer. So it's convenient for quick beer runs.

On the down side, during my time at Apple Tree, I heard REALLY excessive noise. For some reason, instead of having parties INSIDE people's individual apartments, residents there like throwing tailgate parties in the freaking PARKING LOT out of the back of pickup trucks. There were 2 parking lot parties in the span of just a few days (one I guess was an afterparty going on from 2-3am) which really sucked.

Anyways, to sum up... Apple Tree is decent but noisy as heck.

BoomerSooner77

As some of you already know, Oklahoma stores, markets, gas stations, etc. only sell beer that is like 3.5% (don't ask why its just state law). However, places classified as liquor stores do sell full 6% beer. So it's convenient for quick beer runs.
Can't get your major domestics though... :( ... and liquor store beer is not cold.

For some reason, instead of having parties INSIDE people's individual apartments, residents there like throwing tailgate parties in the freaking PARKING LOT out of the back of pickup trucks. There were 2 parking lot parties in the span of just a few days (one I guess was an afterparty going on from 2-3am) which really sucked.
That's how we Okies roll!