Going to be a dad

Update: I am a dad

He came almost a month early, but thankfully waited until I got home. So far so good, he’s sleeping and doing well, mom is resting too. Everyone tells you it’s an indescribable feeling holding your child for the first time, they’re right
Congrats bud. I’ll go take a nap for you. :)

Congratulations!!!

As stated above, a child is an absolute GIFT!! Never forget that and never forget where that gift came from. Put these two first and you will serve the entire family well......

P.S. Whoever came up with the saying “Sleeps like a Baby”, never had one!!

Excellent news; congratulations and blessings to you and your wife and child for a safe and sound delivery -- especially so early.

Story time.

Back in 06 I was graduating college in North Dakota. Whole family was flying in, including my brother who lived in Amsterdam with a baby on the way. He kept asking his wife if she was ok with him coming, she kept saying “we still have 6 weeks. Go!”

(You now all know how this ends)

Graduation happens (plot twist, I suck at calculus and didn’t graduate until later..this wasn’t known at the time) and we are at a hockey game. He gets a text message “water broke, on way to hospital.”

“Haha, very funny.”

“No seriously. Get your ass to Amsterdam.”

He gets on the phone to Northwest Airlines, explains the situation, and they help him to the best of their ability. Instead of his previously scheduled GFK-MSP-AMS they figured the quickest way was to drive through the night to MSP, hop on the first flight to DTW, and then fly to AMS.

My graduation present from my parents was to fly out to Amsterdam for a week before returning back to start flight instructing in MD. So I call, explain the situation and Northwest was glad to help, as long as I paid the fare difference of $2,000.

Needless to say I went on as originally ticketed and my brother made his trek alone. As luck would have it, even I made it to Amsterdam in time for the birth of my niece, Sophie. The doctors did their best todelay the birth as long as possible because she was so early. But eventually it was time. She was so small that her hand couldn’t even reach around my brothers pinky finger. She was in the ICU for a while, and eventually came home before I returned to the US.

Fast forward 15 years and she’s living in Switzerland, bilingual, and I guarantee that within the next year she will be taller than me.

Long story, and I really don’t intend to make it about me, but the tl;dr is that my niece was born prematurely and she’s absolutely incredible!

Story time.

Back in 06 I was graduating college in North Dakota. Whole family was flying in, including my brother who lived in Amsterdam with a baby on the way. He kept asking his wife if she was ok with him coming, she kept saying “we still have 6 weeks. Go!”

(You now all know how this ends)

Graduation happens (plot twist, I suck at calculus and didn’t graduate until later..this wasn’t known at the time) and we are at a hockey game. He gets a text message “water broke, on way to hospital.”

“Haha, very funny.”

“No seriously. Get your ass to Amsterdam.”

He gets on the phone to Northwest Airlines, explains the situation, and they help him to the best of their ability. Instead of his previously scheduled GFK-MSP-AMS they figured the quickest way was to drive through the night to MSP, hop on the first flight to DTW, and then fly to AMS.

My graduation present from my parents was to fly out to Amsterdam for a week before returning back to start flight instructing in MD. So I call, explain the situation and Northwest was glad to help, as long as I paid the fare difference of $2,000.

Needless to say I went on as originally ticketed and my brother made his trek alone. As luck would have it, even I made it to Amsterdam in time for the birth of my niece, Sophie. The doctors did their best todelay the birth as long as possible because she was so early. But eventually it was time. She was so small that her hand couldn’t even reach around my brothers pinky finger. She was in the ICU for a while, and eventually came home before I returned to the US.

Fast forward 15 years and she’s living in Switzerland, bilingual, and I guarantee that within the next year she will be taller than me.

Long story, and I really don’t intend to make it about me, but the tl;dr is that my niece was born prematurely and she’s absolutely incredible!
I don’t remember if I told you this guys story, so stop here if I ha

I was setting up for the virtual LCA meeting, got a call that she was on the way to the hospital...during DFW SNOVID-21. I ran downstairs told the fleet ca, head of training, and called the CP. Travel was booking me on flights out of FLL and MIA as fast as they were canceling. Travel called and said a frontier flight wouldn’t go through for some reason so I should just throw it on the CC, I show up and find that it was oversold and that’s why. I opted to JS on frontier, with the purchased tickets as a backup( then a UPS as my last ditch effort. Also, odd story Frontier gate dragon didn’t think I could JS because I was not a CA (I’m pretty sure I told you that part and now I think I’m wasting my time typing the rest). Anyway, at the gate area I get the call that all is good and to go back to the hotel. I finished the LCA meeting, and went home a day before my scheduled travel home, got home Friday, he was born Wednesday.

I’m really thankful that he waited until the snowstorm died down to show up

I don’t remember if I told you this guys story, so stop here if I ha

I was setting up for the virtual LCA meeting, got a call that she was on the way to the hospital...during DFW SNOVID-21. I ran downstairs told the fleet ca, head of training, and called the CP. Travel was booking me on flights out of FLL and MIA as fast as they were canceling. Travel called and said a frontier flight wouldn’t go through for some reason so I should just throw it on the CC, I show up and find that it was oversold and that’s why. I opted to JS on frontier, with the purchased tickets as a backup( then a UPS as my last ditch effort. Also, odd story Frontier gate dragon didn’t think I could JS because I was not a CA (I’m pretty sure I told you that part and now I think I’m wasting my time typing the rest). Anyway, at the gate area I get the call that all is good and to go back to the hotel. I finished the LCA meeting, and went home a day before my scheduled travel home, got home Friday, he was born Wednesday.

I’m really thankful that he waited until the snowstorm died down to show up

Jeebus, sure that didn’t fray your nerves at all!

Back