GI Bill at DCA?

jboynm

Swiggity-Swooty
Greetings from the Sandbox,
rolleyes.gif

Has anyone used a GI Bill or VA Benefits at DCA? (Preferrably for the 2-year program...)

If so, how much of the tuition is covered? I am attending DCA next year, and want to start budgeting NOW. I just need to know how much the difference is between the tuition and where the GI Bill stops. Thanks, and hello to everyone. This is my first time on this forum.
smile.gif

Hey...one vet to another, if you don't have a degree yet, you might be able to get more bang for your buck at some other schools. Let me know if you want some info....

Where are you from?

Welcome. Well It depends on the program. If you are going to one of the college programs you would have to contact DCA and the particular school's VA rep. I'm using my G.I. Bill, and it pays for 60% of each rating, but it only reimburses up to a limited amount for each rating, that is set by the VA. The VA is a little slow on reimbursing, but it is well worth it. If you have any questions, you can P.M. me anytime.

Hmmm...

Is it to any advantage to do DCA through a college program? I was just planning on going only to DCA. Is that a bad idea? Can some of you guys share your opinions on which is better? Thanks!

bandit.gif

You're going to need a 4-year college degree in this field. Doesn't matter what the degree is in, but you'll need one.....

Do you have any college yet?

Most of the best jobs in aviation effectively require a degree. UPS says degree prefered, but the percentage of guys that have been hired since 1990 without one is VERY low. I would bet that ALL of the guys in this next round of hiring have a degree.

At the same time, if you'd be happy having a career at a regional like Comair or ASA, you don't really need a degree.

I think DCA works with Jacksonville U for those seeking a degree. I hope the DCA recruiters point out the importance of a degree if you want to reach the highest levels of the career.

Getting into aviation without a degree is like carrying around all of your video favorites on Beta.

Sure you can still use it, but your options are severely limited.

It literally dumbfounds me that anyone would ever suggest getting into aviation without a degree.

Well my plan was to go through DCA and at least get in a regional jet, and then get my degree while I am working, then try to move later to a bigger carrier once I get my degree.

If asked, I'd actually suggest the degree first because life as a pilot is a lot busier than most people realize.

[ QUOTE ]
If asked, I'd actually suggest the degree first because life as a pilot is a lot busier than most people realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooo...really?

(As I finish up my last student on Sunday night at 7:30 so I can go home and study for a test...after a 6:30 flight. Family? What's that?)

grin.gif

Getting lawn mowed after a four day trip is hard enough. I certainly couldn't imagine studying trigonometry!

Good honest information!!!!

I am planning to finish my degree at a remote ERAU camp and on-line... I'm getting ready for long days...
crazy.gif

Call you congressman or congresswoman he or she has the power to get you a check cut for all your GI Bill money at once

[ QUOTE ]
Well my plan was to go through DCA and at least get in a regional jet, and then get my degree while I am working, then try to move later to a bigger carrier once I get my degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you have military experience there are many colleges that will give you some credit for "lifetime experience"

Back