....getting to the majors

bgaviator

So after reading the comments from some people posting on the various forums who are doing dispatch....they almost make it sound like it is impossible to get on dispatching with a major airline. One person said that you easily end up working for a regional for 10 years, maxing out at $35k.
Certainly I can't imagine this to be the whole truth, right?
I mean, a lot probably depends on how much you try to get into the major airline, via making contacts, just putting your application in, letting your supervisors know you're interested in moving up, etc. etc.
It can't possibly be that no one is hiring dispatchers at the majors.....although you do never see any postings for them.

So after reading the comments from some people posting on the various forums who are doing dispatch....they almost make it sound like it is impossible to get on dispatching with a major airline. One person said that you easily end up working for a regional for 10 years, maxing out at $35k.
Certainly I can't imagine this to be the whole truth, right?
I mean, a lot probably depends on how much you try to get into the major airline, via making contacts, just putting your application in, letting your supervisors know you're interested in moving up, etc. etc.
It can't possibly be that no one is hiring dispatchers at the majors.....although you do never see any postings for them.

Thats not really true... United, Continental, Jetblue are all hiring dispatchers right now. United hires you as an assistant first but after a year or 2 you will be on the desk. Work for a regional for 2 years and then you can go to a major, Good Luck!

Back