Getting current again....

mrivc211

I'm interested in going to China for a job. They are taking CRJ 700/900 captains into a transition program. I have over 5000+ PIC time on it but haven't flown it in a little over a year. Does anyone know what it would take to get me "current" in it again? Is it a flown blown checkride or 3 touch and go's in the sim?

Please don't speculate. I only would like accurate information. Don't mean to be rude, just don't want to waste my time.

I'm interested in going to China for a job. They are taking CRJ 700/900 captains into a transition program. I have over 5000+ PIC time on it but haven't flown it in a little over a year. Does anyone know what it would take to get me "current" in it again? Is it a flown blown checkride or 3 touch and go's in the sim?

Please don't speculate. I only would like accurate information. Don't mean to be rude, just don't want to waste my time.
Why not contact the contract company and ask them?

Hope you can get back in the game if that's what you want. Flying in Asia is more complex and much more of a pain in the butt than domestic USA flying. China has a big pollution problem and there is no FAA or unions to watch your back. If you can make it work then more power to ya. Best wishes.

I'm interested in going to China for a job. They are taking CRJ 700/900 captains into a transition program. I have over 5000+ PIC time on it but haven't flown it in a little over a year.
Looking forward for an upgrade to left hand seat in China is near impossible.

If you are going into a transitioning program to Boeing and Airbus, it could be a terrible long wait.

There are many airlines still using CRJ 700/900 in China. For your case, to get into Chinese airlines (operates CRJ 700/900) as a Captain is 101% no problem. Pay wise is so much better than what you are paid in the States.

You do not have to pay a single cent tax to US Government at all. Whatever you earn, goes into your pocket. The Chinese airlines are generous and willing to take care of your housing (a simple decent). Don't expect it is a 6-star- resort accommodation like what Emirates/Qatar Airways offer.

haven't flown it in a little over a year. Does anyone know what it would take to get me "current" in it again? Is it a flown blown checkride or 3 touch and go's in the sim?
I don't think you have to be current.

It could be the appointed recruitment agency wants you to be in current.

The Chinese airlines like to see you how well you fly in their simulator. If not, they will fly with you onboard with passengers behind you.

The Chinese airlines like to see you how well you fly in their simulator. If not, they will fly with you onboard with passengers behind you.[/QUOTE]
That's the spirit, let the passengers put their 2 cents in, maybe hand out score cards.

Looking forward for an upgrade to left hand seat in China is near impossible.

If you are going into a transitioning program to Boeing and Airbus, it could be a terrible long wait.

There are many airlines still using CRJ 700/900 in China. For your case, to get into Chinese airlines (operates CRJ 700/900) as a Captain is 101% no problem. Pay wise is so much better than what you are paid in the States.

You do not have to pay a single cent tax to US Government at all. Whatever you earn, goes into your pocket...
Um, good luck with that.

Back