General Atomics UAV Pilot

JoeBlow

I just went to the Riddle career fair in Prescott and picked up information regarding a UAV position with General Atomics. This one is different from the other one I posted. There are two positions of possible interest for you JCers:

AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATION CONTROLLER
This is like an FO position for those who are below minimums, 300 PIC.

UAV PILOT I
Minimum flight experience is 300 PIC.

Look at the site and if interested, contact Jason Asp; senior recruiter aircraft systems group, gray butte flight test facility.

www.uav.com

http://search9.smartsearchonline.co...=&k3=&k4=&k5=&k6=&k7=&k8=&salary_min=&co_num=

Jason.asp@uav.com
W 661-789-5508
Fax 661-789-5658

25500 E Ave R-8
Palmdale, CA 93550-5530

I was told that once you are on deployment, the hours and pay rack up quickly. They pay something like 40 to 80% extra of salary when deployed—depending on location. Deployments/rotationals are somewhere between 60 to 90 days.

There seems to be a lot of travel with this job, which I assume is Air Force and therefore global. Was there a ballpark figure on pay, or is this a work your way up job?

Nothing on pay, but I heard from the grapevine that $80k and up is realistic. This is for someone who is not planning on flying for the airlines. You can’t log the time.

Back