G-IV pay in Chicago area?

My buddy was on a GV account and making $200+ (he left for a major).

Was he Pt. 91? I'd imagine at THAT pay, he was.

200k for a classic 5 is about right for a reputable 135.

FWIW in SoCal PIC’s are getting 150-180k and SIC’s 100-130k for the 4. The 4’s are becoming dinosaurs and good pay is hard to find as you can purchase these things for cheap. Mx and putting gas in them however...$$$$

Mid to high 200’s is entirely reasonable for any modern long range business jet in any major metro right now.

GIV? As I just read Boris say in another thread, find a place you want to be before the music stops. Yeah it’s a Gulfstream but it’s very quickly becoming a machine that once was unobtainable to most and now many “poor” rich guys can afford. I am sure there are plenty of great GIV jobs out there, but I am a strong advocate of positioning yourself to fly a modern in-production type if you are staying in biz av and not going to the airlines.
Just me .02 cents.

Mid to high 200’s is entirely reasonable for any modern long range business jet in any major metro right now.

GIV? As I just read Boris say in another thread, find a place you want to be before the music stops. Yeah it’s a Gulfstream but it’s very quickly becoming a machine that once was unobtainable to most and now many “poor” rich guys can afford. I am sure there are plenty of great GIV jobs out there, but I am a strong advocate of positioning yourself to fly a modern in-production type if you are staying in biz av and not going to the airlines.
Just me .02 cents.
A G-IV is 2019s Lear 35, they've dropped drastically in price over the last decade and the shady operators that used to have Lears and Westwinds are now able to convince someone they can afford a Gulfstream. Large cabin smoke and mirrors, the unsuspecting and uneducated new owner doesn't realize the airplane isn't paying for itself for at least a little while. And then something breaks, and it's a six figure repair. Oofta. I hate 135.

Back