From Private ASEL to CMEL CSEL IA in 1.5 hours

av8or91

Today I went from being a private pilot ASEL to a commercial pilot for both single and multi engine airplanes and I got my instrument rating all in a 1.5 hour stage check. Wooohooo. :nana2: CFI in the fall. :confused:

Its actually 4 semesters of flying after that finally pays off in this stage check which you end up going from officially only having your private certificate to getting you CMEL, CSEL, IA all in one stage check or checkride.

Just realized exactly 2 years ago today I got my student pilot certificate.:D

Today I went from being a private pilot ASEL to a commercial pilot for both single and multi engine airplanes and I got my instrument rating all in a 1.5 hour stage check.

That seems ridiculously quick considering my rides were at least that long or longer for each... I can't fathom how you could meet PTS standards for all that in 1.5 hrs.

*****READ THIS*****

Ok so the title of my thread is a little misleading. The way it works is we get our private pilots cert then we start the commercial course. In the course it takes 4 semesters in which you do instrument training and commercial training. You dont actually get your instrument or commercial single until you complete the commercial multi stage check which is what I just completed in 1.5 hours. So you technically remain a private pilot until this stage check which is how I came up with the title for this thread. Hopefully that makes sense.:rolleyes:

Back