Frieght VS. Regional on a resume??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
alright, lets see if i can keep from starting an argument...i'm sure a lot of sub- 135 mins pilots like myself are wondering what direction we should take our careers once we reach these magical numbers so as to best position ourselves for that holy grail job...so whats more powerful, piston PIC or turbine SIC? all weather, min. equip., ice laden apps to mins, or raising the gear and making cabin annoucements from IAD to EWR and back 4 times a week? i'll throw the same post on the regional threads and see what y'all think...thanks for the gouge!

Probably experience with both would give you a stronger resume. There's a point where piston PIC and turbine SIC both lose their value (ie., you have 3,000 hours in a Seneca - another 1,000 hours Seneca time does nothing for you, etc).
As far as experience goes, I can only speak for myself but I'd put my trust in the guy who flew freight; for nothing else other than I can relate to his experiences. That's not to say that 121 pax pilots are less capable in a pinch, look at Sully.

alright, lets see if i can keep from starting an argument...i'm sure a lot of sub- 135 mins pilots like myself are wondering what direction we should take our careers once we reach these magical numbers so as to best position ourselves for that holy grail job...so whats more powerful, piston PIC or turbine SIC? all weather, min. equip., ice laden apps to mins, or raising the gear and making cabin annoucements from IAD to EWR and back 4 times a week? i'll throw the same post on the regional threads and see what y'all think...thanks for the gouge!

only being a 135 freight guy... i see there being a quicker upgrade to TPIC with frieght. downside for some is lifestyle and equipment. I enjoy it

[modhat] Please do post the same thing in two different forums. [/modhat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back