Free From Cancer

Reigleite

Hey all!

I don't post on JC all that often but I just wanted to share some great news with everyone. After being diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in April of this year, and going through chemo and radiation I'm now officially cancer free. It seemed like a long uphill battle at the time but now that I look back over what took only four months, I realize just how lucky I am. I have a new-found respect for life and I look at things much differently (cliche I know!). Everything started last October whenever I was still in sims at PDT. I began to have health problems while in CLT and I tried to ignore them but man I'm glad that I didn't! After agonizing for several days I resigned and returned to my job outside of aviation so that I could get my health insurance back quickly. Here I am just shy of a year later and I couldn't be any happier with where I am in life. I can't wait to get my medical back (I'm dreading that process...) but I've learned that being able to live life at this point brings me more joy than an airplane probably ever will. Thanks again to everyone on JC for their support! I hope they don't, but if anyone ever finds themselves in the same position that I did please know that I will be there to help. I guess you could say it would be my own way to 'pay it forward.'

Wow, that is great news. I can't even begin to understand how you feel right now as I've never went through this but I'm sure relief is at the top of the list. Thanks for giving us a positive story, it helps to put all the complaining about the little day-to-day nit picky things in perspective.

Wow! That really is awesome news! I'm so happy for you! I wish you a quick return to whatever you desire. :)

Great news Reigleite. I was the first from my immediately family to visit a cousin of ours after he'd officially been cured of cancer and he had a new outlook on everything.

Also glad to see you beat anorexia. :)

Wow dude. That's all I can really say. Never lose your appreciation for life. Stay healthy and safe.

:) :nana2: :D :panic: :) :D YEAH!!!!

958938153_8c76a0182e.jpg

I'm happy to hear you've beat Cancer! :nana2:

Hopefully we'll find a way to knock it out completely someday.

Back