FPTLD vs No-Furlough Agreements

No.

Not every change requires member ratification.

And this is the stuff to me that's mind blowing. JetBlue ALPA just saved hundreds of jobs on the exact same day that Delta sent out 2,558 WARN letters, and people are complaining about not voting on the issue (when it isn't required), even though the section modified is de minimus in the totality of the contract.

Every • Wednesday.

Well this was an enjoyable thread to read and make my first comment in god knows how long.

Good to see some folks understanding the landscape. @jtrain609

Happy holidays and may each of you have a happy new year. 2020 has been real.

B6 Does NOT have a Force Majeure clause. They do have good scope.
The No furlough LOA is anyone's guess as to what is in it as it is all NDA still for some reason or another.
The May 2021 end date is curious, as I believe that is the same time Breeze wants start flying and they will start with 190's.

You want to look at 1.C.4. sometime and take a look at the list of events that are "circumstances beyond of the Company."

It's not labeled force majeure, but it's force majeure.

"French term meaning major force or also known as an Act of God. Examples include uncontrollable weather conditions such as hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes, etc. An unforeseen, inevitable, unpredictable act of nature which was not the result of an act of a person. In contracts, it is common to make neither party liable to breach of a contract due to a significantly detrimental condition caused by such an act occurring."

Back