For CTI's, AT-SAT, then...

ATCtower

Hello all,

I will be taking my AT-SAT Monday in Ft. Lauderdale and would like to hear from those of you who have gone the CTI route as to what is next to happen. As far as I know, the FAA contacts us wanting our geo preferences (how and how long after the test)? Then what?

Thank ya

No, they wont contact you. You have to apply for a CTI announcement just like OTS people have to sign up for PUBNAT announcements. You will have to go onto the FAA's ASAP system, and create a username and passwork in order to get your AT-SAT grade. This is the same place where you will apply for a CTI announcement. I too am graduating in Dec, so I will be applying to the same announcement you are. I was told that announcement will probably open in Jan.
here is the link
https://jobs02.faa.gov/asap/

I almost forgot, don't know if it works the same way at your school as it does at mine, but you need make sure that your school recommends you to the FAA. At my school, this is not done automatically. I have to send an email to our secretary a week after graduation to get her to tell the FAA that I have been recommended. Good luck with the AT-SAT

I just called the FAA woman in OKC that is in charge of the CTI students and she said that the new CTI job will be posted on the 19th of this month. Who knows if she is right but that is what I got.

Well that is good information. Thanks for that. I wonder, does it matter if I apply for the announcement before my actual graduation date? I would assume it would not matter.

Thank you for the feedback. It kinda sucks that we have to apply as well, or at least it should be open, but I will make sure I call the FAA after my ATSAT, hopefully the score will be up by the 19th or it wont really matter in that regard. Please keep the posts coming guys and girls.

You can't apply for the job until after you graduate. You have to submit proof of graduation and they e-mail you the code to get into the job. The job looks like all the other direct hire jobs except it has a code that is required to get into the actual application.
I graduated in August and am still waiting for a job so I am hopping this will be the announcement the gets me in!!

You can't apply for the job until after you graduate. You have to submit proof of graduation and they e-mail you the code to get into the job. The job looks like all the other direct hire jobs except it has a code that is required to get into the actual application.
I graduated in August and am still waiting for a job so I am hopping this will be the announcement the gets me in!!

Do they ever put announcements up in August/September for the summer graduates? I'm debating about whether I want to graduate this coming summer or just wait until the following December.

I applied to the August CTI announcement (so they do have them), but since the first PEPC I could attend wasn't until January in LA, I went the traditional route and am still waiting to hear about an interview.

I almost forgot, don't know if it works the same way at your school as it does at mine, but you need make sure that your school recommends you to the FAA. At my school, this is not done automatically. I have to send an email to our secretary a week after graduation to get her to tell the FAA that I have been recommended. Good luck with the AT-SAT
Let me guess, you're graduating from Riddle?

Same method that we use at UND.

You guys know you all can apply as an off the street hire under the Pubnat announcements...

I met guys and gals at todays pepc that were in CTI school...getting hired as an off the street applicant.....You dont need anyones permission to do this.

Yea, I know could have done that. I was not sure if I would still get to skip the basics class. This would only have been a minor thing, but still...

The other reason I never applied for an OTS announcement is that I thought they might need me to stop school short. Had I realized how long people were waiting OTS, I would have known that this was not a big deal. Now that I am graduating in Dec, I might as well apply CTI. There are less CTI applicants (per announcement) then there are OTS applicants, so I feel like I have a better chance of getting selected and getting what I want.

Congrats Zep!!! I graduated from there last December!!

Thanks! Considering that I am going to be putting NH and NY as my preferences, I may be joining you at ZNY, although that would not be my top choice.

so I feel like I have a better chance of getting selected and getting what I want.

I think you have less chance of getting what you want because CTI can only choose states and are not able to list certain counties they would like to work in. All CTI applicants are available to be picked for both Terminal and Enroute options, you get no choice as you do with the OTS application. That being said I am glad I got picked up on the CTI app

I think you have less chance of getting what you want because CTI can only choose states and are not able to list certain counties they would like to work in. All CTI applicants are available to be picked for both Terminal and Enroute options, you get no choice as you do with the OTS application. That being said I am glad I got picked up on the CTI app

Well that is interesting. I thought that we got to state an EnRoute vs. Terminal preference. I knew that we only selected states, and not counties. Still, looking at the fact that you have an OKC date 4 months after applying tells me that it sure is better to be on a CTI announcement.

Well that is interesting. I thought that we got to state an EnRoute vs. Terminal preference. I knew that we only selected states, and not counties. Still, looking at the fact that you have an OKC date 4 months after applying tells me that it sure is better to be on a CTI announcement.

CTI fast-tracks us quite a bit, but we REALLY get the shaft because we do only get to pick our 5 states. If you want terminal, ya better screw up on the AT-SAT cause 85+ CTI you WILL get en-route.... It is total bullsiht!

Well I got over an 85, and I want ZBW, so I am happy. But I still don't think that it guarantees anything. If they need people EnRoute, they take them, if they need them elsewhere, they take them. Don't think your AT-SAT grade has such a tight correlation to facility placement.

Has anyone done a study among the people on this site (CTI specifically since that is your claim) to see how AT-SAT scores relate to facility placement? That would be interesting.

Back