FOL received - December 15th class date

Justin636

After 3.5 years, it finally happened and persistence paid off.

Where can I find the best information about what to expect? Is there anything I should start studying now?

Thanks!

Don't worry about studying anything. There is really nothing for you to study at this point anyway. They will give you enough time at the academy...it won't feel like it but they will.

Alright. What should I be doing right now? My sister lives about 20 minutes from the academy... should I just pocket the per diem and live with her, or stay somewhere closer to the academy.

Definitely felt like forever. Most of the time when I was contacted, I had almost given up on them contacting me again. Most random times ever.

Alright. What should I be doing right now? My sister lives about 20 minutes from the academy... should I just pocket the per diem and live with her, or stay somewhere closer to the academy.

If you stay with your sister then you forfeit your per diem.

Study the 7110.65. If you are going Terminal then read that stuff. If you are going Enroute, then read that. I wouldn't worry too much about it though because you get so much downtime at the Academy that you will probably be getting bored.

My buddy waited about the same time. He just started the academy this week and is ZDC. Hes loving life right now

Back