FOL for 28 and 29 July terminal?

badbudda

Has anyone received their FOL and definitely headed to either the 28th or 29th July terminal class? I haven't :banghead:

If it wasn't for this forum, I would have never known about the 17 July class delayed to the 28th or the 29th. No e-mails, no contact with HR on this or when the heck I'm scheduled for a class. I gave my two week notice thinking I was going to class on the 17th and as of this date haven't heard squat from HR. This really sucks!!!!!

Has anyone received their FOL and definitely headed to either the 28th or 29th July terminal class? I haven't :banghead:

If it wasn't for this forum, I would have never known about the 17 July class delayed to the 28th or the 29th. No e-mails, no contact with HR on this or when the heck I'm scheduled for a class. I gave my two week notice thinking I was going to class on the 17th and as of this date haven't heard squat from HR. This really sucks!!!!!

We are almost in the same boat! I gave my 2 weeks notice and it's been WAY over 2 weeks for me without a job. I did the same as you thinking I would be starting training. I was originally offered a class in June but ended up not having my medical cleared. So I did all the extra legwork they asked of me but I am sTILL waiting to hear something. I have been emailing HR for my status but they keep referring me to someone else who refers me to someone else, etc. UGH!!!
I haven't been offered the 28th or 29th class but I'm hoping to squeeze my behind in there! I hope we all hear something soon because I'm tired of bartending for side moolah while I wait!!!:p

Did both of y'all get a FOL with a date for OKC and then they changed the date on you without telling you and still hasn't confirmed the new date? Is that what happened?

No, we are all waiting for FOL's. I was given a tentative date of July 17 class and managed to get a hold of my contact at FAA before that to let me know the class was changed to July 28th. So I am now waiting for the FOL for a class that starts in a little over a week, good think I am so patient :sarcasm:

Did both of y'all get a FOL with a date for OKC and then they changed the date on you without telling you and still hasn't confirmed the new date? Is that what happened?

Yeah. I received my FOL to start classes and then later it was retracted. They said my medical clearance didn't go through yet. I was soooooo close and then got shot down. So here I am waiting............AGAIN:crazy:.

At least you have your FOL. We're stating waiting for the FOL stating we'll be in the 28th or 29th class. BTW, does your FOL come via e-mail or mail?

My HR contact called me first and then emailed my FOL and some paperwork to fill out. I'm not sure if you also get a hardcopy in the mail too.

We are almost in the same boat! I gave my 2 weeks notice and it's been WAY over 2 weeks for me without a job. I did the same as you thinking I would be starting training. I was originally offered a class in June but ended up not having my medical cleared. So I did all the extra legwork they asked of me but I am sTILL waiting to hear something. I have been emailing HR for my status but they keep referring me to someone else who refers me to someone else, etc. UGH!!!
I haven't been offered the 28th or 29th class but I'm hoping to squeeze my behind in there! I hope we all hear something soon because I'm tired of bartending for side moolah while I wait!!!:p

I am in the same predicament!!! I did find out that the class was delayed and I got to extend at work for an extra week and a half. I was lucky. I finished work yesterday and am headed to Dallas on Sat. My apartment lease in OKC starts on the 26th. I am proceeding as if. I hope we hear something soon. All my references have received their paperwork and turned them in. I hope we hear something next week. It is really un-nerving to be unemployed and homeless as of Sat at midnight. I could never have waited this long to give notice at my jobs and my apartment needs a 30 day notice. I was on a month to month lease so it is working out perfectly as long as that DAMN FOL comes!!!!

I am happy I am not the only one but dismayed that we are all experiencing this. I know though, that it will be worth it once we get there. There are so many people going through the process and with the government I have to say I am impressed that things are finally picking up after the year long wait process.

Best of luck to all of us!!!! See you there!!!

Not sure how this will affect some of us but when I emailed David Traynor this morning this is what I received this afternoon.

I will be out of the office starting 07/18/2008 and will not return until
08/04/2008.

If you need imediate assistance please call Amy Tracy at 405-954-7932

So I left her a message hoping to hear back. :banghead:

I am in the same predicament!!! I did find out that the class was delayed and I got to extend at work for an extra week and a half. I was lucky. I finished work yesterday and am headed to Dallas on Sat. My apartment lease in OKC starts on the 26th. I am proceeding as if. I hope we hear something soon. All my references have received their paperwork and turned them in. I hope we hear something next week. It is really un-nerving to be unemployed and homeless as of Sat at midnight. I could never have waited this long to give notice at my jobs and my apartment needs a 30 day notice. I was on a month to month lease so it is working out perfectly as long as that DAMN FOL comes!!!!

I am happy I am not the only one but dismayed that we are all experiencing this. I know though, that it will be worth it once we get there. There are so many people going through the process and with the government I have to say I am impressed that things are finally picking up after the year long wait process.

i got an extra couch :laff:

i got an extra couch :laff:

You know why that's funny......My all my furniture was put into storage yesterday and I kept the two cushions from the couch to sleep on last night and tonight!!!!! Really not comfortable but better than the floor. I am headed out driving tomorrow to Dallas....Home cooked meal awaits for Sunday night arrival at mom's in Dallas....I can't wait......

(that was some bad grammer but I am so tired from moving I can't think anymore!!!!)

Not sure how this will affect some of us but when I emailed David Traynor this morning this is what I received this afternoon.

08/04/2008.

Thanks for the info!!!

08/04/2008.

OMG!
Just great! This just keeps getting better and better:sarcasm:!
Thanks for the info bushidomatt. I will try leaving this Amy person a message to inquire about my status and hopefully she'll have some good news.

I am in the same predicament!!!
I am happy I am not the only one but dismayed that we are all experiencing this. I know though, that it will be worth it once we get there. Best of luck to all of us!!!! See you there!!!

I feel the same way. It's nice to know that I'm not the only who is in limbo as far as employment and living arrangements. Thank goodness you have a place in OKC (and a couch if you need one compliments of thesoonerkid!). I'm crossing my fingers that we all hear something next week!

Yeah. I received my FOL to start classes and then later it was retracted. They said my medical clearance didn't go through yet. I was soooooo close and then got shot down. So here I am waiting............AGAIN:crazy:.

Your FOL was retracted? Did they do this immediately, or did you have your FOL for a while before they took it back?

Wow, that is disheartening.

Like Lalexf, I was originally scheduled for class on the 17th. Brenda Rogers left me a voicemail saying the class was rescheduled for the 28th, then she sent me a revised FOL with the new class date on it. I'm not at home, but I believe my travel packet from OKC was delivered via FedEx yesterday, so I should be good to go for class on the 28th.
With Dave Traynor out of the office, I'd call Brenda Rogers so you might get a definitive answer either way.

Back