Flying while sick?

I passed on the Hot Toddy this time, I did sleep alot and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the advice guys. Feeling like myself again...:rawk:

I would strongly recommend taking a full day off to do nothing but sleep. No sense spreading whatever you have around to everyone else in the metal tube.
That was my thought. Think of the CFI, if you're trudging one along.

A day won't really set you back too far - especially in Phoenix. If you're not feeling well, the rest will help you get back to healthy, quickly. While you're down, but not sleeping, you can always crack open the books and read some. Helps to pass the time in solitary confinement.

Glad you're feeling better. Hope you don't mind; I had a few hot toddies in your honor!!

BTW, they REALLY do make you feel better, whether you're sick or not!

Old Pete, you have a way of making me blush. Thanks for the boost!

I recall a briefing where I learned that if you are sick, your medical certificate is invalid for that period of time. That is, your medical cert is only good when you're in the same shaper you were when you were at the flight doc. Heaven forbid something happens, even something not your fault like a birdstrike, and if the FAA gets involved you might have bigger problems than you might have expected.

I wonder how it would work if you got your medical renewed *while* you were sick...!

Get well soon,

LC

I recall a briefing where I learned that if you are sick, your medical certificate is invalid for that period of time. That is, your medical cert is only good when you're in the same shaper you were when you were at the flight doc. Heaven forbid something happens, even something not your fault like a birdstrike, and if the FAA gets involved you might have bigger problems than you might have expected.

I wonder how it would work if you got your medical renewed *while* you were sick...!

Get well soon,

LC

So if I gain or lose a couple pounds my medical is invalid? :laff:

I think that's exactly right...I wonder if we can get the FAs on the same program!
/Flame suit on!!/

On a serios note, though, I broke a finger a few years back and the company flight doc grounded me, even though I could manipulate the controls, switches, and EP equipment for that reason. I think we've all flown a bit under the weather at some point, but it looks like we all think it can turn from uncomfortable to downright awful midflight.

LC

Sweet, I'm calling the CP and letting him know that I will be out on medical.... Riding the bike, hiking, and playing a little golf in Hawaii to return to my Class 1 medical status...

Back