Flying the Florida West Coast

thewaffles

Some pics my friend took as we went flying the other day.

Our Ride:
picture20015dc3.jpg

picture20020eg0.jpg

img1830th2.jpg

Take-off:
picture20026ls6.jpg

picture20027ps4.jpg

picture20028ir0.jpg

Clearwater Beach
picture20031nx9.jpg

picture20032uj8.jpg

picture20033dx9.jpg

picture20060ln5.jpg

Ft. DeSoto:
picture20040wd1.jpg

picture20038px9.jpg

Sunshine Skyway bridge:
picture20039nl8.jpg

picture20042iz3.jpg

picture20044dz2.jpg

Tropicana Field:
picture20049zh0.jpg

picture20052rr4.jpg

About to land at Albert-Whitted Airport KSPG in St. Pete, FL
picture20051gv5.jpg

picture20053se9.jpg

Another airplane landing at Whitted:
picture20055jb9.jpg

Taking off from Whitted:
picture20056qt4.jpg

Preparing to do a touch-and-go at St.Pete-Clearwater Intl KPIE:
picture20069sc7.jpg

picture20070vn2.jpg

picture20073zl8.jpg

Rain clouds before our final landing:
picture20075bs9.jpg

My day has been made! Thanks.

When I'm bored at work, I come online and review photos or YouTube aviations videos.

The view of your trip was quite the rest I needed to take me away from the work routine and fantasize about YOUR flight experience.

Thanks.

Dude, you should have let us know you're in St. Pete - I fly out of KPIE - I own a plane with several other guys on the south ramp near Signature. Where are you flying out of?

Dude, you should have let us know you're in St. Pete - I fly out of KPIE - I own a plane with several other guys on the south ramp near Signature. Where are you flying out of?

Yep, I knew you'd be envious of the nice flying weather they're having.

To be honest, so am I!

It's humid as balls today and storming.

Im in MLB right now...and its not so bad. You kind of have to get used to it being hot...but i've lived here my whole life. What part of florida are you in?....

EDIT: Nevermind...St pete.....just saw the profile......

Was looking at the photos and thinking, "Oooh! There's the Skyway! Turn left, turn left! Land at SRQ!"

('cos I'm from there.) :D

I'm a dork.

Im in MLB right now...and its not so bad. You kind of have to get used to it being hot...but i've lived here my whole life. What part of florida are you in?....

EDIT: Nevermind...St pete.....just saw the profile......

Our summer season usually ends at the beginning of October - it's taking longer this time which is frustrating. I checked the weather this morning and it was 48 in Mobile - florida and the SE Atlantic states seem to be the only place in the country still holding on to summer. The west coast of Florida is particularly bad because we get nasty convective activity over here.

Our summer season usually ends at the beginning of October - it's taking longer this time which is frustrating. I checked the weather this morning and it was 48 in Mobile - florida and the SE Atlantic states seem to be the only place in the country still holding on to summer. The west coast of Florida is particularly bad because we get nasty convective activity over here.
Thats true...and it WILL hold on to summer! Yeah, I get annoyed with that sometimes too. For it being hot so long you just need a break from it, but it should start cooling off soon.......hopefully....;)

I just visited the Tampa/Clearwater area for the first time last week and found it to be the nicest place in Florida I've been to thus far.I hiked all over honeymoon island and it felt like I was in some caribean island. You guys are lucky to be living out in such a nice area. Mind you, the was the weather was real sweet last wed, thurs at about the mid 70's with no humidity!

Thanks for the pictures. Got married down there on Clearwater beach,Some little state park or something. Went to Joes Crab Shack afterwards. All you young guys, If you ever get married,I highly recommend this.I did the big church deal the first time around and it didnt take. I really think this one will.:) FLY SAFE T.C.

Great pictures, brought back a lot of memories... I used to live in Lakeland and would fly to all those same airports all the time. Whitted was the best because of the little deli across the street (still there?).

Great pictures, brought back a lot of memories... I used to live in Lakeland and would fly to all those same airports all the time. Whitted was the best because of the little deli across the street (still there?).

I don't recall seeing a deli there - I ride my bike by there once a week. USF St. Pete has built a lot to the west of the field. Several nice restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Yeah, it's been like 12-13 years since I've been there... I'm sure the area has changed a lot but this place had the best italian hero ever...

I just visited the Tampa/Clearwater area for the first time last week and found it to be the nicest place in Florida I've been to thus far.I hiked all over honeymoon island and it felt like I was in some caribean island. You guys are lucky to be living out in such a nice area. Mind you, the was the weather was real sweet last wed, thurs at about the mid 70's with no humidity!

Nice! I live two miles from honeymoon island.

I'm at CAMS now. What days do you usually fly?

Back