Flying over the house!

EineBeBoP

Took my mom flying for the first time this evening.
Got to fly over the house, and dad was on the ground taking pictures.
So these are of my mother and I about 800-1,000 feet up doing circles.

Thought you guys might be interested.

Edit: Oh, and special thanks to VNY tower for being so accommodating! my house is right under the downwind for 16R. Fortunately, it was a nice quiet night and we didn't get in anyone's way.

Nice pictures! I don't like ImageShack. As soon as I clicked on one of your pictures, I was assaulted by pop-ups.

I bet that was exhilirating for her and scary! My mother couldn't stop smiling when I took her up for the first time.

sweet! i wish i could fly over my house... i'm in the surface bravo :(.... i've flown NEAR it, i've SEEN it... but no good circling times.

Nice pictures! I don't like ImageShack. As soon as I clicked on one of your pictures, I was assaulted by pop-ups.

Sorry. I wanted to use Bayimage, but they wouldnt take my pics for whatever reason.

I bet that was exhilirating for her and scary! My mother couldn't stop smiling when I took her up for the first time.

She said she wasn't scared at all once we were moving. I was really impressed with how calm and happy she was the entire flight.

It was the perfect night for a first flight too.... Only got bumped around slightly while crossing over the Malibu Canyons, but otherwise, smooth as glass.
And I must have made my best landing ever, coming home... It was the picture perfect example of a greaser.

Hey thanks for the share! I've always wondered what it looked like when circling my parents house.

Photobucket seems to work good.

Back