Flying out of Sudan

Pilotcollin

I am reaching out to my fellow aviators. I am looking to see if there is anyone flying out of rural Sudan. I know Khartoum is a no go. I have several family members that are on the road north to Aswan. They left the city a couple days ago. They are now stuck on their journey. They have no food, water or medicine. They are sleeping outside. The bus was to be there 2 days ago and still not there. There are men, women, elderly, children and babies.

If anyone has any contact with the ability to fly or access to aircraft (I will go fly) please help by sending me a contact or lead.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fellow pilot.

Even if you're not an American citizen, you should definitely reach out to the US State Department as your primary contact. Failing that, MSF (better both). I'm really sorry this is happening to your family, but I don't think you're likely to find anyone here who is going to be able to directly help. I hope they all get out ok, that situation is awful. I'm sure we all wish that we were in a position to help, best of luck.

I am reaching out to my fellow aviators. I am looking to see if there is anyone flying out of rural Sudan. I know Khartoum is a no go. I have several family members that are on the road north to Aswan. They left the city a couple days ago. They are now stuck on their journey. They have no food, water or medicine. They are sleeping outside. The bus was to be there 2 days ago and still not there. There are men, women, elderly, children and babies.

If anyone has any contact with the ability to fly or access to aircraft (I will go fly) please help by sending me a contact or lead.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fellow pilot.
Short of absconding with a local A/C out of Egypt, Saudi, or Ethiopia, this just ain't gonna happen. Even if you could do that, sadly, the all-around best case scenario would be you get shot down while flying over a war zone. Anything short of that, and you still wouldn't rescue your people, but you, personally would end up dead or in a long-term world of hurt and likely never be allowed to fly again.

You're situation sucks. I understand your frustration and pain. Godspeed.

Get in touch with the US State Department. That's your best bet.

War sucks, yeah? That's why we should do everything within our wee capacities to avoid it.

We are in the states. We are US citizens. It’s my wife’s family. They are Sudanese citizens.

Contact your congressmen and Senator.

Seriously, the military is going to follow priorities for evacuation as they are received by DEPSTATE and get its intel through them and other letter agencies on their locations.

Other option is NGOs, and right now given their citizenship status as non US… that may be their best option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Other option is NGOs, and right now given their citizenship status as non US… that may be their best option.

The ngo options are pretty limited right now unfortunately. Maybe once the security situation improves some they will spin up.

If you've got connections to other countries work with their state department equivalents. Both Canada and the UK have largish evac missions running or waiting to kick off. I know Canada was willing to take non CA citizens if they could.

Good luck and unfortunately be ready for lots of pushback because they are from there.

Unsure on your timing. UK evac finished.

Also without Africa flying experience I would suggest a hard avoid. Even Atlas Air into Djibouti is no picnic.

Update from 28 Apr below

u.s. Embassy khartoum retweeted

travel - state dept

@travelgov
possibilities for u.s. Citizens to depart khartoum: There are options to depart sudan, but you must decide the safest and best method of departure for yourself and your family. There have been reports of individuals being robbed, including of their u.s. Passports. Roads may be crowded, exposed to combat operations, or have deteriorated infrastructure. Border crossings into neighboring countries are possible, but wait times at crossing points could vary widely and change quickly. Port of sudan (south of khartoum): This is approximately a 15-hour journey from khartoum. Once in port sudan, efforts are underway to ferry individuals to jeddah, saudi arabia. If you have a lost, stolen, mutilated, or expired u.s. Passport this may be the best option to consider. We can provide emergency passport services at the u.s. Consulate in jeddah. Land borders with egypt & ethiopia: The egyptian and ethiopian governments have stated they will relax their entry requirements for u.s. Citizens to cross these land borders. You may need a valid passport to cross the land border. In addition to your u.s. Passport, you should bring the following items: -identity documents in case your u.s. Passport is lost/stolen -food/water -extra fuel if you are driving -necessary medicines and other essentials once you arrive in a safe location, please respond to the department email you received after completing the registration form to let us know, and contact the nearest u.s. Embassy or consulate if you need further assistance. More at: https://sd.usembassy.gov/security-alert/

Wow hope you get them out. If not to ASW, can they get to PZU then get to DIJ or JED by ferry or something? Lots of flights across the world are accessible from there.

Last edited:
Back