Flying jobs in WA?

pwapilot

I'm just about to start engineering work for Boeing in Everett, WA and I'm looking to find instructing or other flying jobs for the evenings and weekends at PAE or nearby airfields (e.g. BFI, S43, AWC). Does anyone know of any openings or places where I may have a shot? Places to be avoided?

I'm a CFI/CFII, AGI/IGI, have my commercial single/multi, and plan on doing my MEI sometime soon. 455 hours total time, 120 hours dual given (in SR-20s at Purdue), 300 hours in TAA.

I've been planning to bring cover letters and resumes to all the local area schools. I've never done this before, but I'm guessing the best way to go about it is to just show up and ask to speak with the Chief Pilot or owner about potential openings? I'm not sure how much interest there is in low time part-timers right now, and I haven't seen any openings on flight school or job listing websites, except for Regal Air, which requires 500 TT.

Any advice you might have for a new job seeker is much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Since you will be working for Boeing, I'd suggest BEFA. I think they are set up for free lance CFI's.

BEFA is a good place since you will be working at Boeing. Regal always seems to be saturated with instructors and there is also Northway which seems to be fairly busy. Snohomish Flying Service is always busy and they advertise for flight instructors every now and then. http://www.snohomishflying.com/index.html

Yeah- snohomish could be a good fit-especially if you arent doing it for the money (hint.) I would look at Northway aviation (KPAE) as well, I got my Multi with them years ago.

Back