picture101mk4.jpg

picture102it1.jpg

picture106cw5.jpg

Weather in Johanesburg

dscf0773ya5.jpg

dscf0772uq7.jpg

King Air 200

picture002ck0.jpg

Very nice photos man, but you've gotta give us the scoop too. What are you doing down there, vacation? What's up with all the N registered planes there? What's the flying and/or bar scene like there? Details, we want details.

Very nice photos man, but you've gotta give us the scoop too. What are you doing down there, vacation? What's up with all the N registered planes there? What's the flying and/or bar scene like there? Details, we want details.

A lot of people register their aircraft with the FAA as our required maintenance can be cheaper than what other countries require.

i wanna thank you all for your comments guys , and its always a pleasure to share pictures from the road with you

so this is the story behind the scenes , as you said Lineupandwait , i was there on vaccation ,as part of my familly lives there in south africa (and we are originally from north africa )
africa is a big country ,and most of it is still virgin , as soon as you get off the airplane, you could smell that Unique freshness of the Air that is almost free of any chemical/smoke additives lol
general aviation is as advanced and as popular as it is here in the United states and a lot of people use GA since getting around africa requires most of the time air travel , just like in alaska
im not sure about the N registered AC's
i know some of them have private owners like the hawker shown on the pic
these guys come down here spend their holiday at suncity's pilannesburg natural reserve where u find luxurious hotels and resorts in the middle of the savana
some other planes are part of a leased fleet that is used for charter flights
i knew there was a flight school that had C172's with N registered # under derogation , but i believe they switched to Zs now

Back