FlyExclusive Dispatcher (Kinston, NC)

Ensure all required customs, immigration, agriculture, international handling requirements, or foreign government regulations and requirements are met for every flight segment.
•Coordinate and arrange all trip logistics for crew and passengers as required including but not limited to: catering, hotels, ground transportation, and airline services.

Nope and....double Nope.

Ensure all required customs, immigration, agriculture, international handling requirements, or foreign government regulations and requirements are met for every flight segment.
•Coordinate and arrange all trip logistics for crew and passengers as required including but not limited to: catering, hotels, ground transportation, and airline services.

Nope and....double Nope.

At least they are upfront about it, typically 135 operators list that under "additional duties as assigned".

Best part of dealing with customs or catering companies, no matter how well you plan and organize services, 50% it all falls apart day of.

And when mr millionaire doesn’t get his rack of lamb or the exact car he wanted, your job is open again. If You’re going to basically be on call all the time you might as well go be an ER nurse, it pays more and they treat you better.

Let’s not shoot it down completely. I can imagine a few of us here are looking for jobs currently...or may be in the near future. A job is a job is a job, especially when you’re not sure how you are going to feed your family. Let’s all just try and keep that in mind

And when mr millionaire doesn’t get his rack of lamb or the exact car he wanted, your job is open again. If You’re going to basically be on call all the time you might as well go be an ER nurse, it pays more and they treat you better.

Yeah I've heard about the "on call" aspect of 135 jobs and it sounds very unappealing. One of my favorite things about dispatching is that while it can be stressful on occasion, you can leave work at work when you go home.

Let’s not shoot it down completely. I can imagine a few of us here are looking for jobs currently...or may be in the near future. A job is a job is a job, especially when you’re not sure how you are going to feed your family. Let’s all just try and keep that in mind

Oh not at all, I myself quite enjoyed the charter world. It will teach you things you never knew about aviation and there is something fun about having a trip dropped on your desk from sales and seeing it through all the way from planning to touchdown. Not a bad gig if you're looking for a change from just pumping out releases all day.

Worked 135/125 for just over 6 years. My work phone was tied to my side 24/7. The type of people that fly 135 for the most part do not know the word NO. You have to make it happen.

"Let me see what else I can do."

"As it turns out..."

"The way that schedule is working, I could try for.."

Worked 135/125 for just over 6 years. My work phone was tied to my side 24/7. The type of people that fly 135 for the most part do not know the word NO. You have to make it happen.

When I worked at an FBO while in college I once saw one of these gems you speak of threaten to fire his pilot because he didn’t understand why they were delayed going to Augusta for the masters. The poor pilot was trying to explain to him that he had a specific time they could take off and the guy was just laying into the pilot like it was his fault or something.

Back