Florida Offers for PUBNAT 1

atcplt

How many people have received offers for Florida in the PUBNAT 1. I am still hoping that I hear something today!

I really want to get any Florida ARTCC / ATCT, actually I would prefer South Florida, does anyone knows if there is a lot of demand for controllers in Florida? :)

I got selected for a terminal position somewhere in Florida. I'm hoping for MCO since I'm from here, but ya never know.

There's a need for controllers almost everywhere right now, but Florida is one of the tougher states to get I've heard because generally the facilities, especially the smaller ones, tend to be pretty well or fully staffed because people within the FAA with senority bid for Florida positions when they open because it's warmer here, good weather, etc, etc. and it takes some of the openings away from us new hires.

We've got one heading to MCO and one heading to ORL in my class. One heading to Pensacola, I'm heading to Ft. Myers and I know there are 2 others at the academy heading there as well. A buddy of mine was trying to get Florida, but instead was given New York, as of today...so it's possible to get down here, as a lot of people are retiring...just don't expect to be heading to MCO/TPA/MIA/JAX, etc unless you have prior experience.

what do you mean? I have no prior experience and I am headed to MIA

Are you headed to Miami Center? I'm referring to the ATCT's...and if you are heading to Miami, you better start preparing now, cause it's gonna be a wild place to learn if you're heading to the tower out that way.

I wanted and got Miami ARTCC as well. So did another friend in one of my CTI classes who also applied to PUBNAT1. Im a little concerned about the training situation there though. From what I here new hires sit around for a year and a half before they even start to get any real training. I really hope that is not the case!!! Also I heard that there is a hiring freeze until October for Florida but don't take that as fact. I heard from friends of friends who said they spoke with the person in charge of hiring for the southeast region. Anybody else know or hear anything about this? I really hope this is just rumor!!!

Back