FlightSafety SIC

ATOflyer

Hey guys I was just wondering if you all had any information about the program (internship?) at FlightSafety as a supporting crew member? I wasn't able to find any information about it on their website. It is similar to CAE Simuflite's right seat program. I figure if I can't find any info on it I'd give them a call, but would try asking here first.

Just looking for something to occupy my time. My flow of students aren't keeping me very busy. I figure this would be a cool experience and could possibly open up some doors into the 91/135 world, which is my ultimate goal. Thanks for any info!

I don't believe it is an internship, it is a paid program, for FSI at least.

I have heard they are (have) cut some part time positions for right seaters because of the current state of affairs with the economy and all...I've yet to confirm it.

However there are a few on here who are doing the FSI right seat program.

And based on their site they have positions open for pilot instructors in KS, Canada, and the UK.

Hey guys I was just wondering if you all had any information about the program (internship?) at FlightSafety as a supporting crew member? I wasn't able to find any information about it on their website. It is similar to CAE Simuflite's right seat program. I figure if I can't find any info on it I'd give them a call, but would try asking here first.

Just looking for something to occupy my time. My flow of students aren't keeping me very busy. I figure this would be a cool experience and could possibly open up some doors into the 91/135 world, which is my ultimate goal. Thanks for any info!

I have heard second hand that if you do the part time gear puller with FSI, that they will type you after a year only if you have 1000 hours. Doesnt sound like a bad gig to me, in your situation. Beat the pavement and drop by.

That is one of the easiest ways to network, also. Way better than walking your own resume in somewhere. Kinda like taking a class to meet girls over going to the club.

They cut some part time employees a while back(mostly instructors i believe), but I still have my job and will continue to have it! In fact, I think at this center we just hired two new co-pilots in a different program. The type is correct, however each center is different. ATP mins is the deal here. And yes you do get paid. After I'm done, I'll have a lot of friends in good places.

How would someone get a position like that? Would you have to contact the specific training center or are they posted on the FlightSafety web site?

This gig sounds more like FSA's Business Jets Direct program where they send their instructor pilots out to their centers after they complete about 800 to 1000 of dual given at the academy. THAT program is gone into some detail on FSA's website.

I am part of the BJD program at FSA but it is still center specific. Each is different. Call the center for inquires as to whether they need SIC people at the time.

Back