FlightSafety International - King Air instructor

Teller1900

All,
My program (King Air 350) is expanding rapidly with the addition of our fourth simulator at the end of this year. We're looking for new instructors, ground and sim, to staff up for the coming demand. We're a very busy program in one of the biggest centers in FSI. If you're interested, apply online (this is the job posting), and let me know if you have any questions. No experience in King Airs is required; we'll teach you everything you need to know.

EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS

• Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
  • Valid Drivers’ License, where applicable.
  • To join the FlightSafety team as a pilot ground and simulator instructor you must have: Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP) if teaching on a type rating aircraft. A total pilot time of 2,000 hours or more is preferred. Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating if teaching on an aircraft not requiring a type rating. A total pilot time of 1,000 hours or more is preferred. Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating or Ground Instructor Certificate (AGI) with an Instrument rating or prior experience. Acceptable prior experience includes military pilot instructor or pilot instructor in a Part 142, 135 or 121 operations. Medical Certificate is not required unless teaching in the actual aircraft. Note: All FlightSafety instructors will be hired to teach both ground school and simulator thus the higher qualification requirements of simulator instruction are stated. Qualifications are stated in terms of FAA ratings however equivalent ratings issued by another country’s aviation authority are accepted. Currency in ratings is not required.

Thanks, Andrew, I hope you're doing well!

IslanderFlyer - many of our instructors don't have the type when they start. I didn't. That's what you'll do in your first month on the job. You start out with a few days of paperwork, then it's straight into initial training for your type. Even people with the type tend to go through the initial again anyways. Our training/checkout process is pretty darn thorough, so you'll learn the plane well before you have to teach it. I know the 350 WAY better than any plane I've ever actually flown. If you want to PM me your real name, I'll tell the HR guy to be on the lookout.

KSCessnaDriver - Indeed the 1900 is very similar. In fact, the 1900 is the only King Air product I've ever actually flown, but the experience with it and my other TPs has been quite invaluable. At least half our program is made up of ex-1900 drivers from various companies and eras. As far as pay, I don't think I'm supposed to discuss it publicly, and I believe it can vary by experience. I will say, it's the most I've ever been paid in aviation (I was a 5th year Saab captain, then spend 2 years at the now defunct Avantait) and is more than enough to comfortably support my family of three (almost four) on just my income. Plus I've spent every night for the last two years in my own bed, only eat out when I want to, can't remember where my suitcase is, and only commute 7 minutes (10 at rush hour). So there's that, too.

FSI will advertise that an AA (or related experience is required) but they will favor a four-year degree in water polo over ANY qualification you can carry through the door. Also, if this position is in ICT, I'll suggest you get any pre-employment offer in WRITING. Do NOT let the Director of Training talk you in to anything. Check with other instructors (like the one here) to get the "real story" about the program before you sign on.

I'm not sure what Dustoff's experience is/was with Wichita, but in my experience everything is provided in writing, as it should be in any business. But yes, as he said, if you want to know me (good, bad, or otherwise), let me know. I'm happy to answer questions. I'm sure most anyone else here is, as well.

Back