Flightsafety academy CFI pay

Skypolice

Just got my CFI and looking to apply to flightsafety academy in vero beach. Any current or former CFI's (2017-present) have any information on QOL, compensation, and benefits?

I was told by their recruiter that it was 35$ per hour ground/flight. Contractual obligations for II MEI CPLME 12-18 months

i would say its middle high

In context, though. $30-32 per hour is roughly what the "standard" flight school pays in this region (Mid Atlantic), which has a considerably higher cost of living than a place like Vero.

The difference is you can and will bill out a good amount per month. I wish the pay was 30 an hour when I was there, I would've made over 6 figures.

The difference is you can and will bill out a good amount per month. I wish the pay was 30 an hour when I was there, I would've made over 6 figures.

Wow that seems insanely good. If you don’t mind answering, how much did you make per month with your worked hours?

Wow that seems insanely good. If you don’t mind answering, how much did you make per month with your worked hours?
I was paid 16 per hour of flight and ground.

We worked hard - Definitely put in the hours and we were getting triple overtime pay with the hours we were billing out. It definitely helped but like I said, if I was based at 30-35 an hour I would've done very well. Im not sure if its still as busy but at one point I had 10 students with no let up in sight. 2007 Was a good year to instruct.

I can’t freaking believe we only started at 16 bucks and now it’s over double.

Approximately how much were you guys making in a year at FSA in 06/07? And how much can you expect to make in a year now? Assuming you work real hard that is.

I was told by their recruiter that it was 35$ per hour ground/flight. Contractual obligations for II MEI CPLME 12-18 months
I would definitely be interested in this. Is this $35 for just CFI or is the $35 for MEI?
Also, they seem to have new posting without contract.
Are you currently working there?

Any current CFIs that can work at flight safety (2018 - Present)?

Holy crap, things have changed! I made $12/hr to instruct back in the day. Even factoring in inflation, you kids are doing a hell of a lot better.

Holy crap, things have changed! I made $12/hr to instruct back in the day. Even factoring in inflation, you kids are doing a hell of a lot better.
Sorta. Most planes are still the same.
I was making $30-35/hr back in 2013-2014 at ma and pa shops, ERAU was paying $18-24 iirc

Sorta. Most planes are still the same.
I was making $30-35/hr back in 2013-2014 at ma and pa shops, ERAU was paying $18-24 iirc
The difference for us was the 141 curriculum really prepared them for the flying pretty dang well. We had minimal ground briefings we had to do. And the constant supply of students was never ending in 2006-08 for me. I was able to be extremely busy.

The difference for us was the 141 curriculum really prepared them for the flying pretty dang well. We had minimal ground briefings we had to do. And the constant supply of students was never ending in 2006-08 for me. I was able to be extremely busy.

That's true. In '12-'13 typical ERAU CFI would be in the 600 hr/yr ballpark, 800 if you waived the extra day off.
With that said, of my friends there at the time that built their time and got out, about a half ended up in the corporate, some in SWA, one at Allegiant, couple at Spirit, some quit for good. They didn't exactly get to ride a wave to the legacies due to timing.

Looks like the first person misquoted. Fully capped pay is 35$ flt hour/ 20$ is starting pay.

$32 is standard? I was instructing just 4 years ago and it wasn't even that high. Wowza. Nice.

Back