flight school - best price - best school - worst school

Asking questions like that isn't going to get you anywhere. ATP isn't the best school and saying that will only start arguments. Check out the other schools that are sponsors of JC.

My situation is similar to yours in that I am shopping for flight schools but I'm looking for CFI programs rather than PPL. The approach I used will work in your situation as well.

1. Read the forums and keep an eye out for posts about specific schools and programs.

2. When you find a post about a school/program that picques your interest, send a PM to the poster. Ask specific questions about their experience with the program that will help you with making your decision.

3. Contact the school/program and ask them questions that will help you to make your decision. If able, schedule a visit to that school to make sure what you see matches with what they've told you on the phone/in an email.

I suspect more posts will follow mine on this thread. If you take away nothing else from this thread, please remember that helpful information is most easily obtained by use of specific, well directed questions.

:yeahthat:

Definitly be careful of Large Corporate Schools i.e. ATP.
Being a student of one of these schools I know the in's and out's of how they operate. If you would like to P.M. me I will gladly give you some insight.

3. Contact the school/program and ask them questions that will help you to make your decision. If able, schedule a visit to that school to make sure what you see matches with what they've told you on the phone/in an email.

If you decide to do this make sure you absolutley speak with some of the students. The people that operate these schools are only salesman. And they are damn good at it too. Good luck in your search

I did all my training at a 61 school. I didn't see the need to spend more for the same ticket. I did find a good instructor there too. All instruction is not created equal.

I was wondering if anyone knows the best price flight school?

I hear ATP is the best school

What is the worst school?

I am about to enroll at www.fastaviation.com for PPL. Is that a good school?

I heard http://www.americanflyers.net/ has the highest CFI pass rate. Is that true?

I really would like to find the best price.

I would check out career Pilot school! Their prices for career programs are very good! I know the CFI-a program has a 99% first time pass rate (I just went through it so I know it works!)
They are a good bunch of people!

Back