Flight Safety Intl

rasec

Anyone have input on the interview process/questions at FSI for a pilot instructor position? What about average salaries? Lastly, as an employee, is it a possibility to receive other types out side of your program?

Any info is appreciated

We have a contract pilot who went from maintenance instructor to Pilatus instructor to Gulfstream instructor, so there's certainly some movement possible.

I recently heard that a two year training contract is required.
Requested, not required. They really push for at least two years but the employee is not obligated. Might change in the future based on the massive turnover.....

I was recently told by a program manager (within the last week) that it's required at his center, and will be a company wide requirement shortly.

Savannah has hired some this year. I hemmed and hawed and finally turned down the interview. The pay was $70,000 for G-V instructor.

Interesting to see that FSI, like so many others would think a contract is the way to solve turnover.

Well, you stick guys who want to be pilots in a room with no windows, give them a nice shiny new jet type, and pump hundreds of little initial and recurrent networking humans through, those guys are gonna get jobs. Happens quite often that instructors land nice gigs out of FSI.

Well, you stick guys who want to be pilots in a room with no windows, give them a nice shiny new jet type, and pump hundreds of little initial and recurrent networking humans through, those guys are gonna get jobs. Happens quite often that instructors land nice gigs out of FSI.
No argument with this!
However, the majority of instructors, for one reason or another, no longer fly (medical, retired, etc). If they treated employees like they had value, it would reduce the turn over.

That's true. Few jobs offer similar networking opportunities, and after 15 odd years of going to various FSIs almost every single instructor I have had has been great. Paying them salaries comparable to the guys they are teaching and having a bit of a dependable schedule would go a lot further in retaining those people than having them sign a contract.

Anyone in the house an FSI instructor?

Or anybody know one that I can be put in contact with? Meesa have some questions.

I used to be one as well as a Program Manager. PM me and if I can't answer your questions I can put you in touch with someone who can.

Is there a typical work schedule for instructors at the FlightSafety training centers? Does it vary by client, or is it fairly consistent regardless?

Recently did recurrent at FSI Paris and was surprised that neither instructor had any time in type, is that common?

Recently did recurrent at FSI Paris and was surprised that neither instructor had any time in type, is that common?

What type did you do your recurrent on?

As far as I know FSI Paris has some of the best pilot/instructors, most of them are older/retired guys and have flown anything from DC3s to Antonovs in Congo. I m very good friend with the Legacy/145 guy over there, he never flew the real thing, but his inputs made Embrarer apply changes to the airplanes manual.

Back