First Solo!!!

ozone

Well, after 30 hours I finally pulled off my first solo today at KFNL. It was a perfect day, calm, cool and partly sunny. Two out of the 3 landings were like butter, the middle landing a wee bit firm, but i could live with it. Anyway, here's me next to the plane I pulled this off in and life is good! I am still experiencing a bit of an endorphin high about the whole experience 6 hours later....is that normal? :)

IMG_3594.jpg

MyFirstSolo12708729PM

Congrats!!! Well done :) Pretty good climb performance without an Instructor?!:nana2:

Happy and safe flying!!!

congrats man!

it's perfectly normal to feel this good for the next few days, or 6 months, as in my case :)

have fun!

FEEL THE RUSH!

Congrats!

Wait for the feeling of going to the practice area all by yourself. That's when it all sinks in and becomes reality.

Wait for the feeling of going to the practice area all by yourself. That's when it all sinks in and becomes reality.

Nothing quite like that first solo XC as well. You're definetly a pilot at that point, even if not on paper. Of course, technically you're a pilot when you solo.

oh yeah, congrats ozone.

Congrats mang. Good feelings.

Nothing quite like that first solo XC as well. You're definetly a pilot at that point, even if not on paper. Of course, technically you're a pilot when you solo.

oh yeah, congrats ozone.

Yeah, the first solo to the practice area didn't get me too much. I wasn't really nervous/what have you for the solo pattern/PA. I know the Solo XC will be something else though.

Congrat ozone, that is a big one!!!!

I still remember my first XC solo. 4,500 ft. on my way home out of no where a black object starts heading towards the windshield. Before I know it slams into the window with no time to maneuver away. I duck. Look back up and it was a huge bumble bee that smacked into the window. I swear it looked like the size of a bird at first. :) that got my heart pumping.

Congrat ozone, that is a big one!!!!

I still remember my first XC solo. 4,500 ft. on my way home out of no where a black object starts heading towards the windshield. Before I know it slams into the window with no time to maneuver away. I duck. Look back up and it was a huge bumble bee that smacked into the window. I swear it looked like the size of a bird at first. :) that got my heart pumping.

HA HA That is some good vision or a huge bee!

My first solo, on the first pass, just as the mains touched down a dog or a fox came running out onto the runway next to me. I should have seen it before I even touched down, but I was so focused on the center line and what to do next that I guess I had a bit of tunnel vision. Passed the news onto the tower and the guy behind me had to do a low pass.

Congrats on the Solo! It only gets more exciting from there. Next is some solo air work or maybe a short XC, really exciting.

Good luck and fly safe!

Back