First Solo X-Country

redrumracer

So I finally got to do my first solo x-country. Its taken awhile to do it due to weather or scheduling errors, but, finally did it. and I didn't even get lost or anything lol. Did pretty good on my communications, except for when I tried to call Atl Approach on the Macon Radio frequency. I got some vids of flying over the lime kilns in between EZM and MLJ. For some reason youtube doesn't like the audio that my phone picked up while recording.

[yt]vgPDQTcdLWc[/yt]
[yt]1SidA4PldQs[/yt]
[yt]QvkyVnytWkI[/yt]

Congrats! I know its a little nerve racking being up there solo and not having anyone to turn to when you miss the call or to answer those spur of the moment questions. Have a beer, you deserve it! :nana2:

-cheers!

Congrats man! That seems like a thousand years from now for me. I just soloed for the first time today. I cant imagine going cross country yet. We'll good job and like the guy above me said "Go have a beer"!

I remember my first solo XC. I was more nervous about it than the initial solo. In fact, I though my instructor was crazy for signing me off...:cwm27:

I remember my first solo XC. I was more nervous about it than the initial solo. In fact, I though my instructor was crazy for signing me off...:cwm27:

:yeahthat:I agree with Holocene. it's amazing how fast you're put up there on your own. Especially me, learning to fly in class B airspace can be a little frustrating at times. 2 months prior I didn't know how to start the engine, now I was flying solo in and out of Honolulu Int'l...between islands???:rawk:C~R~A~Z~Y:panic:

:yeahthat:I agree with Holocene. it's amazing how fast you're put up there on your own. Especially me, learning to fly in class B airspace can be a little frustrating at times. 2 months prior I didn't know how to start the engine, now I was flying solo in and out of Honolulu Int'l...between islands???:rawk:C~R~A~Z~Y:panic:

I don't even want to think about going into class B airspace right now. Class E,G, and D are just fine for right now.

and thanks btw

Back