First Officer Money

From what I've heard you pay about $25K for the position, then make $8 p/h. So figuring 80 hours a month, you should have paid off that investment in a little over 39 months, assuming it stays around that long. The schools entire $95K price tag should take just over 12 years to pay off at that rate. Rememeber, Mitch Mitchelson, ATA/Discover Air, is involved in this one as well.

Actually, after you finish paying out the nose for your BE1900 type rating and get hired by the airline, the FO's will make $25.hr and capt. $35/hr.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, after you finish paying out the nose for your BE1900 type rating and get hired by the airline, the FO's will make $25.hr and capt. $35/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I'll believe they HAVE an airline when I see it. Discover Air was technically an airline, but I hardly ever saw their planes anywhere but on the ground.

Second, I wondered how they could pay the FO that much starting on a B1900, then I saw they take it out of the Captain's pay apparently.

Hell, Comair pilots make less starting off and are pretty much the highest paid regional pilots. There's no way that they're going to pay that much. Especially for a B1900!

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, Comair pilots make less starting off and are pretty much the highest paid regional pilots. There's no way that they're going to pay that much. Especially for a B1900!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they are just paying back money that they already took from the pilots, so maybe it's easier that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know but I know gulfstream FO's make around 8.00 USD an hour flying their Beeches.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's horrible money, can't live on that kind of pay, especially with a family.

Remember guys, you're not getting paid $8/hr or $35/hr for a 8-hour day/40-hour work week.

You might fly about 80 hours/month.

$8/hr at a standard 40 hour/week job = $1386.67/month
( ($8 x 40 hours x 52 weeks) / 12 months )

$8/hr at a airline flying 80 hours/month = $640.00/month
( $8 x 80 hours of work/month)

$35/hr at a standard 40 hour/week job = $6,066.67/month
$35/hr at an airline flying 80 hours/month = $2,800/month

Back