First Lineman Position!

NoSoup4U

Well....it may be my first lineman position if I get hired, which I plan on. I have an interview on Friday and would like some more information on what everyone's training was like for the job. I am almost done with my private certificate and plan on expressing to the company how much I love aviation. I would be doing this job not just for money but to get a great feel for the business in whole, and to how I truly enjoy being around aviation in general and will work hard because I have passion for it. I have no idea how to refuel different kinds of airplanes but I would expect them to teach you everything you need to learn in training and through experience, correct? Also, what type of pay is considered fair as a lineman? I want to make sure I am not getting low-balled either, because I do have bills that need to be paid. I'll probably have lots of other questions very soon as I think of them.

Thanks!

I have no idea how to refuel different kinds of airplanes but I would expect them to teach you everything you need to learn in training and through experience, correct?

They'll teach you everything you need to know. First few days you'll be watching videos and taking tests and getting certified. Then the fun begins; you tag along with other linemen and learn by doing.

Also, what type of pay is considered fair as a lineman? I want to make sure I am not getting low-balled either, because I do have bills that need to be paid.

Depending on your location, 10 an hour should be good with no experience.

If they do it anything like most companies, there will be videos, lots of videos, and tests. Then they will usually stick you with someone that's been there for a while for some OJT.

Thanks guys'! I'm looking forward to the opportunity and interview, as well as the videos haha. I'm sure there's lots of them. Hope it all goes well tomorrow, so we'll see.

Thanks again.

Back