FedEx Truck Dispatching

757Geek

Not trying to stir the pot or get anyone’s hopes up, but saw that FedEx Express had an opening for a truck dispatcher. Anyone have any thoughts if this would be a good “in”? I’ve heard you don’t want to go that route at UPS, but didn’t know about Purple...

Whatever you do, be prepared to work your position for awhile. I was a ramp material handler there. The work was ok, but pushing cans to the tail of a widebody kinda sucked. Offloading was more enjoyable. The worst job is running the upper deck loader in the winter. Easy work, but numb feet. I'd rather bulk load than run the loader in winter.

Not trying to stir the pot or get anyone’s hopes up, but saw that FedEx Express had an opening for a truck dispatcher. Anyone have any thoughts if this would be a good “in”? I’ve heard you don’t want to go that route at UPS, but didn’t know about Purple...

Sadly with quite a few furloughed dispatchers with 121 DIC (Dispatcher In Command) time out there,the days of walking in as an internal with no DX experience are probably over for the foreseeable future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sadly with quite a few furloughed dispatchers with 121 DIC (Dispatcher In Command) time out there,the days of walking in as an internal with no DX experience are probably over for the foreseeable future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No one is furloughed at the moment, at least not until September 30th. I’m just trying to gauge if this would be a good position to get internal and then eventually move into flight dispatch. I’ve heard you have to work for Express and not Office or one of the other subsidiaries. Would this make the cut?

Back