Fedex 1376

Help me out here. Why wouldn’t they go to Memphis (maintenance base) instead of returning to chat? What’s that like a 30 min flight?

Help me out here. Why wouldn’t they go to Memphis (maintenance base) instead of returning to chat? What’s that like a 30 min flight?
Clogging up a runway at MEM instead of CHA? Wonder if that was part of the discussion.

That was my exact thought. But if it was as severe of a hydraulic malfunction as I am hearing then maybe it was safest to land at nearest suitable.
Kind of a short runway with hydraulic issues. HSV less than 100 NM away with 12,500 runway. Not sure what they had going on.

Clogging up a runway at MEM instead of CHA? Wonder if that was part of the discussion.

There’s 4 runways at MEM, so that wouldn’t be an issue I would think. Unless the EP they were dealing with didn’t allow proceeding to the destination.

Kind of a short runway with hydraulic issues. HSV less than 100 NM away with 12,500 runway. Not sure what they had going on.

If you’re landing gear up, runway length is probably not going to be an issue. Aircraft skin to runway contact is gonna slow you down long time.

Glad it worked out, and also curious why not MEM instead of CHA.

If you’re landing gear up, runway length is probably not going to be an issue. Aircraft skin to runway contact is gonna slow you down long time.

Glad it worked out, and also curious why not MEM instead of CHA.
Plane ended up in the grass. Not sure what other failures they were dealing with.

Cornholio and Gryder are going to go after him. :) :)
1696523387169.gif

Back