FCC Restricted Radiotelephone


Well-Known Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a bit of help here... I'm in the middle of filling out the online application for a restricted radiotelephone permit and I'm am very confused... and the online "help" button is very helpful.

Has onyone else filled out the online form 605 from the FCC at www.fcc.gov? If so, I am specifically needing to know what to check under

"Regulatroy Status"; options are: Common Carrier, Non-Common Carrier, Private Internal Communications, Brodcast Services, Band Manager.

"Type of Radio Service"; options are: Fixed, Mobile, Radiolocation, Satellite (sound), Broadcast Services.

Actually, I am even wondering if I'm in the right form...
but it is the one that comes up when doing a search for Restricted Radiotelephone permit on the site.

Any help out there?


the second form that you have to fill out is the form 159 here is a link Form 159 For your questions you might want to call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC
I don't remember exactly, I **DO** remember calling the FCC and getting their help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I also remember submitting the form about three times before I got it right, even with their help.
It's been a while since I applied for mine but I remember the form being very easy and fairly self explanatory - might want to double check and make sure you're using the right form.

How much are they chargin' these days? I think I paid around 50 bucks. What a joke. 50 bucks for a piece of paper. The only thing that makes me madder is the ATP - there's another huge waste of money - but I digress.

Back to yard work he&& for me - have a great weekend everyone,