FAR/AIM currency

JordanD

Honorary Member
Possibly silly question here. Do next years FAR/AIMS become effective at the beginning if the year, or as soon as they are released? In short, is the 2012 FAR still valid since the 2013 version has already been released?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Possibly silly question here. Do next years FAR/AIMS become effective at the beginning if the year, or as soon as they are released? In short, is the 2012 FAR still valid since the 2013 version has already been released?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Legally, I don't know. But for checkrides I always referenced the current year (I would use 2012 through december). I never had any issues

You need to update them pretty much constantly. Nothing wrong with using last years if you write in everything that changes, but they are so cheap anyway...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have a lead on a good iPad version that is actually kept somewhat up to date?
ASA makes one (and gives you study aids for different operating parts) and I have one called pilot far-aim. I like the later because it allows me to backup my bookmarks between my iPad and iPhone.

Back