Fall 2011 :D

Prescott is a decent place. I like that it's a smalerl campus. Come prepared with plenty of patience, if you plan on flying planks. As far as everything else, you won't have a problem finding what you want to do. Everyone is pretty friendly, with the exception of all the brand new DB's who think the world revolves around them...LMAO.

Awesome :) I think Ill probably like the smaller campus too, then maybe I wont feel so overwhelmed. And I wont be doing any flying there just Aviaition Business Administration and minoring in Air Traffic Management. The flying is sooo expensive there so I'm trying to do it now while I get the employee discount at our FBO.

Awesome :) I think Ill probably like the smaller campus too, then maybe I wont feel so overwhelmed. And I wont be doing any flying there just Aviaition Business Administration and minoring in Air Traffic Management. The flying is sooo expensive there so I'm trying to do it now while I get the employee discount at our FBO.

Good thinking on your behalf. Getting your degrees in something other than Aero. Sci. is somethng that can come in handy in the future, especially in markets like what we currently have.

Yeah thats what I've heard from a few guys I know. I'm not going to be a professional pilot anyway though I just want my license. I'd like to be an airport manager or something of the sort. I'm minoring in the Air Traffic Management to see how I'd like ATC so I may even change to that; I doubt it though.

You should come to the dark side of the airport and fly at the flight school across the way from riddle. That's where I work...lol

PRC is a nice area it takes some getting use to if your from a large area such as LA. But there is plenty to do and lots of fun to be had if you go out and look for it.

I went to riddle (Prescott) from 05-08, graduated with an AS degree, though looking back on it I should have just done ABA or AE.

That's probably what I'll do. I was hoping to finish my private this sumer at our FBO in LBL but it doesn't look like I'll get it done before the end of August thanks to my procrastination. :) And the town I'm from is kinda small and theres not really anything to do so hopefully it won't be too hard adapting.

If you from a small town then you will probably think Prescott/Prescott Valley/ Chino Valley is a big area. The flight school is Northaire, if your interested.

Thanks :) I'll definitely take a look at it! I went on a visit in December. We were only there like a day so all we pretty much saw was the college and mall :) haha. It seemed like a decent sized town but I wasn't really sure if it was that or if it was just really spread out.

Finishing up your PVT at Northaire will be fun. I rent from them on occasion (when I have time). Good bunch of ppl who really seem to know their stuff. I've really only dealt with Jason K...great dude. Rates aren't too bad either...

Good! I've only heard good things about Northaire so I'm sure it will be nice finishing it up there! :) I'll be moved in out there at the end of this month so hopefully I can start flying sometime in early september once I'm all settled in. :) Do you know what the approximate hourly rate is?

Thanks!! :) Ill definitely make sure to watch for the holiday specials lol. :) I'm quite a ways from finishing up; I only have 5 hrs lol. So, I figured this would probably be a good pausing point for when I move and start flying somewhere else. :)

This may be a dumb question but is it a pretty good sized flight school or smaller?

I'd say that question is more than fair :) It's a decent sized FBO...slightly above "average", IMO. Think they have 7 or 8 (maybe more [?]) 172's (some standard, couple glass), 2 R182's, a C340, a Turbo PA-44, a Maule on floats and a Citabria...(I think). If you're worried about aircraft availability, don't. They keep busy, but there is always something for you to fly.

Haha thanks :) Thats good to know. I'll definitely be in there here in a week or two to get started flying! I can't wait! It sounds like a really nice place with really good people. :)

Back