Facility swaps for people with offers!

ATC2B

OK my intention with this thread is for people who have been given either a TOL or FOL to facilities but might want to swap, a place to post their requests. The word on the street is they will let applicants swap if they are both willing to do so, however I have not heard this officially.

I know there will be some people who say "Don't accept a facility if you don't want to go there." However, we all know that getting in is the first big step so most of us are willing to go to a 2nd or 3rd choice if it means getting in. This thread is to see if some people can possibly work to get there #1 choices.

I will start, I have accepted a position at ZID (Indy Center). I grew up in Indiana and like the area and the facility is a level 12 so no complaints there! However my new wife of 2 months likes living away from home. We currently live in AZ so I put Phoenix TRACON and Phoenix tower as my #1 and #2 choices. Did anybody receive a TOL or FOL for these facilites that doesn't want to go there and would be interested in a swap?

Thanks for looking and if I can't help myself I hope someone else receives help from the thread. Good luck to all the applicants.

(As a side note, please only post if you have a TOL or FOL, posting without these is fruitless as we all know applying is a long process it won't matter what your geo preferences are until you get a TOL. Thanks)

Thanks Skier, I knew there was one on here somewhere but I hadn't seen it for some time and the last post was almost a month ago so I thought I would refresh it a little. Sorry if it bothers you I didn't use the search function, I know it annoys me sometimes. But seriously thank you for posting that link...I hope this doesn't come across sarcastic because I'm really not trying to be.

No worries! I wasn't trying to call you out for not using search function just trying to help. figured you might find someone on there possibly.

I too am an 07 applicant that applied by state since the public national application wasn't around then. I have an FOL for St Louis (level 9) and starting class on 21 Oct. I really would prefer to stay in Florida and would accept a level 9 or higher for terminal.

Georgia or North Carolina would be fine too. BUT I want to keep the 21 Oct class or go earlier. Nothing later. How would this affect the theory OKC is trying to group applicants for location in the same class?

Georgia or North Carolina would be fine too. BUT I want to keep the 21 Oct class or go earlier. Nothing later. How would this affect the theory OKC is trying to group applicants for location in the same class?
they must have missed that one for my class. there is one guy going to DCA, another LAX, another DFW, another MSP, MKE, MCI, OKC, MLU, PWM....i could go on but i think you get the idea....i think the theory that they are trying to group applicants for location in the same class needs some work. Also, the class in front of us has 1 person going to PWM, as does the class behind us. might want to work on that theory

they must have missed that one for my class. there is one guy going to DCA, another LAX, another DFW, another MSP, MKE, MCI, OKC, MLU, PWM....i could go on but i think you get the idea....i think the theory that they are trying to group applicants for location in the same class needs some work. Also, the class in front of us has 1 person going to PWM, as does the class behind us. might want to work on that theory

He may be thinking about how they're doing enroute... they are grouped.

ZFW willing to look at trading for a level 11 or 12 up/down or Tower, Tracon

I would really like --- D10, DFW, MCO, CLT, TPA, LAS, LAS TRACON, SOCAL, NORCAL

In that order too, Any takers. Don't get wrong I will also enjoy ZFW. I did both tower & enroute, bc at the time I was under the impression Tracon was enroute.

ZFW willing to look at trading for a level 11 or 12 up/down or Tower, Tracon

I would really like --- D10, DFW, MCO, CLT, TPA, LAS, LAS TRACON, SOCAL, NORCAL

In that order too, Any takers. Don't get wrong I will also enjoy ZFW. I did both tower & enroute, bc at the time I was under the impression Tracon was enroute.

Perhaps you should have done a little more research on the different types of facilities BEFORE....(note the key word here)...then you would have know what a TRACON is and their responsibility.

Might have been beneficial...dont you think?

Perhaps you should have done a little more research on the different types of facilities BEFORE....(note the key word here)...then you would have know what a TRACON is and their responsibility.

Might have been beneficial...dont you think?

Like I said I'm still happy with ZFW-- I just really wanted a TRACON. I thought tracons were just a specialized en route facility. I look at it like a pilot, They dont tell me to land/takeoff (hint-Terminal). They control me ENROUTE from airport to airport. "I never said I was perfect":banghead:

From all of the tours, I feel Center is the least stressful. Things dont seem to happen as fast compared to TRACON or tower. You also get to do a lot of different operations (high/low, commerial/GA).

Is there anyone who would trade me ZDV for Miami Center in beautiful sunny South Forida??? Or anyone for that matter, that wants to swap for ZMA..

I've had my TOL for ZMA since July, but no class date yet.. just waiting. And would love to end up back in Colorado, seeing as how hard I've heard it is to transfer centers once you're already there.

I was at the LA PEPC in the middle of June, and recently recieved my FOL for Cleveland Center. I would be willing to switch with you for ZMA, however I think we both would need a FOL before anything happens

Back