Facility Assignment & OKC Master List**ALL PUBNATS WELCOME**

Piker

I'm going to PCT. But I'm not scheduled for the academy until August.

The FAA likes to group new hires for each facility together and send them to Oklahoma City at the same time. There's a good chance PUBNAT2s will be in classes with PUBNAT3s. PUBNAT3s might be in with PUBNAT4s and so on.

Each facility probably sends applicants to OKC just once or twice a year. Because the FAA is willing to schedule academy dates eight months out, it makes sense for us to have a master list showing where everyone is headed. It's easier than combing through every PUBNAT thread as it develops. PUBNAT3 panels are in less than a week, so they can get in on this too.

So where is everyone going? And when is your academy date?

Re: Facility Assignment & OKC Master List**ALL PUBNATS WELCO

The FAA likes to group new hires for each facility together and send them to Oklahoma City at the same time. There's a good chance PUBNAT2s will be in classes with PUBNAT3s. PUBNAT3s might be in with PUBNAT4s and so on.

Each facility probably sends applicants to OKC just once or twice a year. Because the FAA is willing to schedule academy dates eight months out, it makes sense for us to have a master list showing where everyone is headed. It's easier than combing through every PUBNAT thread as it develops. PUBNAT3 panels are in less than a week, so they can get in on this too.

really???? :banghead::banghead:

im headed to canada

Oh man....... here we go again.......

I'm headed to Mexico..... :bandit:

ooooo jeeeese.....

Seriously.....some of the center guys might not mind discussing where they are heading....
But I'm not crazy...I don't want the people who I'm about to work with to know my true identity...it's a small world. I may talk a lot on here but I am just gong to shut up and learn my job when i get to where i am going...

Brazil...is where it's at

Pfft and you call yourselves professional ;)

ok fine.

Sunset Beach Bar, St. Maarten. Ill control from the patio with binoculars in one hand and a mai tai in the other :D

zz :)

Seriously guys this is ridiculous! Yes a thread like this has been made before but it is probably buried. If you don't want to answer then do just that...don't answer and leave the thread unadulterated by pointless posts to raise your post count! Honestly people...what is wrong with saying where you are going and when you are going there?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Heck MOST have that in their signature line. Who cares if you met the person on a forum that HELP bring controllers and pilots from around the world (ok more in the US but you know) together?

If you don't want to state where you are going and when you are headed to OKC then DON'T but you don't have to ruin this thread for those that might actually want to find others that are going to their facility or OKC at the same time.

*rant over*

Forgot to add: My husband is going to ZLC and we are currently in OKC.

One last thing: Piker - while the FAA and facilities like you to attend OKC with some future co-workers they don't limit it to once or twice a year. I know a lot of people that are going to ZLC and were in OKC in October, in November, in December, in January, in February, etc.

August?! OMG that seems like FOREVER from now!!!

I agree with teetee. Facilities send people throughout the year and are not limited to only a few spots a year. Also, you will be with a lot of people going to different facilities...you may have one or two from your facility. Information coming from an ATC Manager (my dad). When I saw August, I was surprised...that is a longer than average wait.

For Tower, yes.

More so for tower..that's because En-route Centers employ hundreds of controllers per facility (compared to maybe 100 controllers total for a level 11 up/down for example) so the chance of having more people from your center facility is highly likely.

My husband's basic is all enroute (obviously) and he has 7 people all going to ZLC with him then 4 people that are the only ones going to their facility in the class. Then there are also several facilities that only have 2 people in this training basic class. Honestly, I don't think there is any rythme or reason to how it works. I think that if the facility is ready for you and need more people trained, they let OKC know and then when there is an opening they put you in it. They try to put people training for the same facility together here in OKC but that doesn't mean it will actually happen.

"The FAA likes to group new hires for each facility together and send them to Oklahoma City at the same time. "

There is no evidence to support this what so ever. I think this is just a rotating rumor that wont go away. There are 18 people in my class and not one is going to the same facility. There was a dude about 3 weeks ahead of me going to the same facility as me and before that, my instructor told me there was a chick about 6 weeks ahead of me. In fact, our "sister class" has not one person going to the same facility either. Please stop telling people this, or find out where it says that and prove it

"The FAA likes to group new hires for each facility together and send them to Oklahoma City at the same time. "

There is no evidence to support this what so ever. I think this is just a rotating rumor that wont go away. There are 18 people in my class and not one is going to the same facility. There was a dude about 3 weeks ahead of me going to the same facility as me and before that, my instructor told me there was a chick about 6 weeks ahead of me. In fact, our "sister class" has not one person going to the same facility either. Please stop telling people this, or find out where it says that and prove it

i dont think they HAVE to send people together, but i think they like to...a few weeks ago i was emailing my rep asking her for a date and she said she cant just schedule me for a class because she isnt allowed to send me alone. she had to wait for more ZNY people to get cleared. not saying they wont send anyone alone, but i think they like to send together

I have a class date with at least one person going to the same facility that I am. I think it just depends on the luck of the draw.

i dont think they HAVE to send people together, but i think they like to...a few weeks ago i was emailing my rep asking her for a date and she said she cant just schedule me for a class because she isnt allowed to send me alone. she had to wait for more ZNY people to get cleared. not saying they wont send anyone alone, but i think they like to send together

There's a difference here between tower and enroute. Tower, you're probably not going to go to Academy with people going to the same facility.. enroute, you should be. Keep in mind TeeTee's husband is still in basics FOR ENROUTE with 7 people going to his facility... let's see how it's grouped after basics... if it falls in line with what HR has been telling us about enroute and what people have said, it'll be 2-3 enroute facilities in the same class.

Dont' make me break out the spreadsheet again.

There's a difference here between tower and enroute. Tower, you're probably not going to go to Academy with people going to the same facility.. enroute, you should be. Keep in mind TeeTee's husband is still in basics FOR ENROUTE with 7 people going to his facility... let's see how it's grouped after basics... if it falls in line with what HR has been telling us about enroute and what people have said, it'll be 2-3 enroute facilities in the same class.

Dont' make me break out the spreadsheet again.

How many Centers are there??? Thats the reason you are grouped with other people going to the same facility. Theres only so many places you can go, its just simple math. Im telling you, thats not policy to group you, I talked to my HR rep personally in her office when I went to sign the paperwork for my sign on bonus. She said that is a rumor, she gets the all clear from OPM saying your clearances are in and she takes your name and adds it to the next class. There is no grouping, no system, nothing. Simple, pure luck.

How many Centers are there??? Thats the reason you are grouped with other people going to the same facility. Theres only so many places you can go, its just simple math. Im telling you, thats not policy to group you, I talked to my HR rep personally in her office when I went to sign the paperwork for my sign on bonus. She said that is a rumor, she gets the all clear from OPM saying your clearances are in and she takes your name and adds it to the next class. There is no grouping, no system, nothing. Simple, pure luck.

again, my rep said that for centers they cant dont schedule just one person. one person can fill a cancellation spot, but they dont usually schedule one person she said. so we both have FAA reps tellin us completely different things. who knows which one is right

Back