Fabio?

H46Bubba said:
Wondering if Fabio is still around or has he left for the regionals?

He was still there at the begining of December - He was doing the bridge program - not sure which regional he was going to - but the favored regional of the past few months has been ExpressJet.

Fabio - where are you?!?!?!?!?

Before I left he said he wanted to get an interview with CHQ. If anyone sees him tell him to check his PMs

I am pretty sure he is waiting for an interview with Chataqua. He said he wasn't in too much of a hurry and wanted to wait for his first choice. I'll mention to him to check his PM's if i see him around.

Wannabe2 said:
I am pretty sure he is waiting for an interview with Chataqua. He said he wasn't in too much of a hurry and wanted to wait for his first choice. I'll mention to him to check his PM's if i see him around.

Hi Guys...

I was going to interview with MESA.. as I have a few friends there right now... but during Bridge one of my instructors who is a Captain at Chatauqua told me to wait... so since I can wait, that's what I'm doing. Besides I am enjoying the hollidays with my family. My folks came over and I have a lot to do at the house. I am still on a "call me if you need me" basis and working for the Standz department.

I m hoping to get an interview by February...

You better get a move on. The guy you're racing with, if you recall, is coming up on 1000 PIC turbine and is a check airman...

DE727UPS said:
You better get a move on. The guy you're racing with, if you recall, is coming up on 1000 PIC turbine and is a check airman...

He wins... but not really since I am the last of my group still at the school.. everyone else is already flying a jet on a 121 operator... My "group leader position" and the fact that I don't really need to work for a living right now has slowed me down considerably. If I had followed my buddies I would have landed the airline job last July, as they all did. I decided to stay and help my fellow Academy buddies...I am a check airman too and end of course certified.

So I am just waiting for the airline of my choice to start interviewing us again instead of "racing" against your friend. And I am sure that with your help he will be flying for UPS sometime this year or a near future. I am sure he deserves it and I hope the best for him.

We started this discussion on how fast someone out from a FBO would get hired for a 121 job compared to a DCA graduate... I was not the best example as I am taking longer to leave than the avearge. And the verage at DCA is 28 months from ZERO time to the left seat of the CRJ/ERJ give or take a couple of months. I have seen people start from zero time and leave within 24 months.

DCA is doing great and there are very interesting prospects happening right now, which I am not allowed to discuss in this Forum or anywhere. DCA is a viable option, wether you and anyone else here likes it or not. I respect your position and the route you recommend as in the end the result might be the same. And although the Airlines don't really care if someone knows what "pendulous vanes" are and the sort, the lax behavior I have seen virtually in every FBO I ever visited might fit well for the self motivated, it certainly does nothing to improve aviation in general. One just have to fly around non towered airports on the weekends here to realize how lacking the overall training is.

Now I think FBO's are great to hang out and have fun, rent a plane and get the $100 hamburger... and I have met great people. So I am not against any FBO,so don't get me wrong.

My point is that when you expect more from people and let them know that, they will either perform and excell... or wash out. The NAVY don't train the SEALS at a Country Club...

Honestly, have a great holliday season and even though we might disagree here I am sure that we would get along just fine outside this Forum.

Take care,

Fabio

"We started this discussion on how fast someone out from a FBO would get hired for a 121 job compared to a DCA graduate"

Oh, I forgot it was 121. You still have a shot, then. His PIC turbine is all 135.

"the average at DCA is 28 months from ZERO time to the left seat of the CRJ/ERJ give or take a couple of months"

Are you saying zero time to regional jet Capt in 28 months? That's impressive. With what airlines?

"the lax behavior I have seen virtually in every FBO I ever visited might fit well for the self motivated"

You mean guys taxiing closer than 20 feet to a fuel truck? HAHA, had to throw that out. Seriously, though, I think you're right about one thing. The FBO route is not a good way to go unless you ARE self motivated. If you need a strict, regimented system, to excell, a small flight school might not work out like a big academy where they fill in all the blanks for you. I still think filling in those blanks on your own make you a better pilot, thus, I like little flight schools.

I understand what you are saying about GA. A lot is up the professionalism of each pilot. I gotta say, though, if everyone interested in aviation was forced to train DCA style. GA in the US would be like it is in most parts of the world. Nearly non-existent. I'd rather have what we have here. Keep your eyes open at those uncontrolled airports.

DE727UPS said:
"We started this discussion on how fast someone out from a FBO would get hired for a 121 job compared to a DCA graduate"

Oh, I forgot it was 121. You still have a shot, then. His PIC turbine is all 135.

"the average at DCA is 28 months from ZERO time to the left seat of the CRJ/ERJ give or take a couple of months"

Are you saying zero time to regional jet Capt in 28 months? That's impressive. With what airlines?

"the lax behavior I have seen virtually in every FBO I ever visited might fit well for the self motivated"

You mean guys taxiing closer than 20 feet to a fuel truck? HAHA, had to throw that out. Seriously, though, I think you're right about one thing. The FBO route is not a good way to go unless you ARE self motivated. If you need a strict, regimented system, to excell, a small flight school might not work out like a big academy where they fill in all the blanks for you. I still think filling in those blanks on your own make you a better pilot, thus, I like little flight schools.

I understand what you are saying about GA. A lot is up the professionalism of each pilot. I gotta say, though, if everyone interested in aviation was forced to train DCA style. GA in the US would be like it is in most parts of the world. Nearly non-existent. I'd rather have what we have here. Keep your eyes open at those uncontrolled airports.

Sorry my mistake... ZERO to RIGHT Seat...not left... That would be really impressive though. Some guys that got hired at Chautauqua last year upgraded in 18 months from the right seat of an ERJ 145 to a Left Seat of the new EMB 170... Isn't anything is this Industry about timing or what?

I agree with you that if the strict regimen was the norm, aviation wouldn't have developed the same way. The Free Spirit and the Experimental Components are fundamental for entrepeneurship and development.

The 20 foot distance taxi thing... it sounds funny and all, but when the going gets going in a ramp with over 60 training aircraft, every bit of caution helps to avoid what could be a very serious accident. Afterall we don't have a flightdeck crew like in the CVNs (laugh) to coordinate the movement on the ramp yet!

"Isn't anything is this Industry about timing or what?"

I think it's more about luck. For example, how are your Comair buddies feeling these days? Bad luck to go to work for an airline owned by Delta just before Delta declares Chapter 11.

DE727UPS said:
"Isn't anything is this Industry about timing or what?"

I think it's more about luck. For example, how are your Comair buddies feeling these days? Bad luck to go to work for an airline owned by Delta just before Delta declares Chapter 11.

That was a real case of bad timing... or as you say pretty bad luck! The last I've heard was that the impact was not as hard as it was forecasted due to a lot of attrition... but I have been out of it for a while and don't know the whole story.

Fabio is Alive!!!!

Fabio great to hear that your're done. If your not in a hurry I guess it's worth to wait to get where you want to be. I seesaw back and forth as to how fast I need to complete all my ratings. I'm for taking my time but when I talk to friends who started after me and are sitting in the right seat or are close to there 1000 hrs I get that "Damn I'm taking too god damned long" and I need to light a fire under my butt. I'm sorta stuck in idle till our baby is born at the end of March. Hell the closest I got to any aviation in two months was today at the hospital I work at. The air evac helo came to pick up a patient today and I stopped to talk to the pilot and check out the helo. It's so rural out here they were NVG's when they fly at night due to the mountains and lack of ground lighting.

H46Bubba said:
Fabio great to hear that your're done. If your not in a hurry I guess it's worth to wait to get where you want to be. I seesaw back and forth as to how fast I need to complete all my ratings. I'm for taking my time but when I talk to friends who started after me and are sitting in the right seat or are close to there 1000 hrs I get that "Damn I'm taking too god damned long" and I need to light a fire under my butt. I'm sorta stuck in idle till our baby is born at the end of March. Hell the closest I got to any aviation in two months was today at the hospital I work at. The air evac helo came to pick up a patient today and I stopped to talk to the pilot and check out the helo. It's so rural out here they were NVG's when they fly at night due to the mountains and lack of ground lighting.

Good to know you are doing well. Keep in touch.

Back