FAA hires teens!!!!

you cannot judge someone on their age of course you can..it's done every day. It is a psychological battle with the fear of someone that is younger than you with less experience performing at a higher rate or quality than you are, or were at that ageOk if you say so sport. If all government recruiters where like that I would be out of a job as we speak. I am a 911 dispatcher and voted top dispatcher for the past 4 months straight. I think that takes some maturity no ummmmmmm? But I do understand the age stereotype dont get me wrong... its just you have to know someones background before you assume.

I neve assumed anything. It's from first hand experience that I have gained from 22+ years of doing this at the highest level.

WOW....I think someone on here needs a reality check...

Why? Just because i'm saying THERE can be TEENS doing the job?

You're seeing me a tad bit on the defensive side just because i understand that a MAJORITY of teens probably cannot handle the job related duties as well as someone older. I can agree on that. But, i do believe there are some and that it's quite possible for someone of younger age to be able to perform the duties as well. Is the probability higher? No way..

But i'm getting into this field too. I believe i have the ability to do it. If i didnt, it'd be a disservice to myself and to the industry.

So sorry if it came off like i know everything. I dont know, i know i have lots to learn. And that the odds are stacked against me in this scenario, but i'm going to give myself and fellow 'teens' the benefit of the doubt.

i Think Atltracon Is Only Trying To Ground You In Reality. You May Very Well Have The Skills And Maturity It Takes To Make It In Atc. But It Also Takes A Lot Of Hard Work And A Little Bit Of Luck Along The Way. The Younger You Are, The More The Odds Are Stacked Against You. If This Is Your Dream, You Really Should Go For It. Just Manage Your Expectations Appropriately.

Chris

Exactly!! Love That Statement!!

Back