FAA Commemorates 9/11 with NextGen arrival profiles into National Airport

I'm glad that y'all like em as much as much as we do behind the scope Adler.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad that y'all like em as much as much as we do behind the scope Adler.

Why don't you like them? Two magic words, and you have no responsibility for miles.

Thank God they do stuff like this, because I was really at risk of forgetting that day altogether.

:sarcasm:

Sorry, I just get irritated at the circus that is 9/11 each year. What should be a day of quiet reflection is anything but anymore.

Yup. Over the top displays of pseudo patriotism get annoying. I will say that if there is a day to commemorate 9/11 it is today. I say this every year and all the people who think a yellow ribbon on their car is supporting the troops get offended. But while we should never forget 9/11, it's time to move on. If we had dwelled on pearl harbor half as long as we have 9/11 WW2 would have been a cake walk for the Japanese. Let's quit feeling sorry for ourselves and try to be great again.

Why don't you like them? Two magic words, and you have no responsibility for miles.

Not sure about approach but at the center we still have to keep our standard Sep plus some extra room now for overtake. Before we would run them in the gate at 6-7 miles in trail with speeds assigned, same altitude. Now jets can be at any range of altitude, depending depending on the procedure, with the possibility of major overtakes. This has lead to requiring 12-15 miles in trail prior to saying decend via vs the old 6-7 all the way with speeds.

An example I like to use is southwest and a Delta mad dog. One of our arrivial gates to approach is open from 10k to 20k. The southwest is going to hang it up all day and have a higher GS than the mad dog that opted to be at the bottom.

In my opinion they take pressure off the concrete by having to string all you guys out at altitude.

Patriotism and remembrance is good and all, but that is what the memorials are for. I think this gets a little ridiculous though

Back