FAA ADX Test

I think there is something like 1200 questions they can choose from. Study the Gleim ATP book and get the test prep CD. You can take as many practice tests as you want to. Very helpful.

Short answer..you don't know. There's a bank of questions (not sure exactly how many), and your test will consist of 80 questions selected from the test bank.

http://www.faa.gov/education_research/testing/airmen/test_questions/media/dispatcher.pdf

So that link you gave...It seems official enough for me to make the assumption that those are the exact questions I will get on the test. (only 80 of them). After all, it is on the FAA's website... Am I assuming too much?

I love answering my own questions. I just found the answer on FAA.gov. They are only "samples" of the types of questions there are. If it's too good to be true, it is. :banghead:

I would say not to fret too much over it. I studied the Gliem ATP for about 2 months prior (2-3 hours/day)... and I passed the written easily with no prior formal experience.

You have to know the questions before you can answer them. There are some questions that have to do with flight planning. I would highly suggest you memorize those questions because each question (I had 2) will take you at least 45 minutes to complete. You don't have that much time to work the math. Everything else, know the material and you will be just fine.

By the way, theres more in the range of 13-1500 questions that can ramdomly be generated. Take as many practice tests as you can with less than 3 hours time and see where you stand. Answer all questions you know right away, skip the questions that require you to do the math until after you have gone through the whole test. You will find yourself with about 15-20 questions that require you to some work like weight and balance, interpolations and performance charts. Do all that you can from those and guess at the rest. You may feel alittle nervous in the beginning, but once you start the test, stay focused and get it done.

Good Luck

Mission:)

Back