Express Jet/Continental

sm203900

Wanted to know when medical benefits kicked in at the company. Was talking to a co-worker the other day and he mentioned that at Continental benefits did not start until the 7th month. This dropped my jaw because I was under the impression that benefits started 30 day after date of hire. Is Express Jet this way? Not looking to move from my current job any time soon, but eventually when it is time to move on I am stongly considering applying to Express Jet. Thanks for the info.

Short answer for Dispatchers at ExpressJet is that your benefits kick in on the 1st day of the 7th month after you were hired. If you were hired on March 20th, March is included in the calculation, so your benefits would be in effect September 1st.

I am one for them and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

:nana2:

I just wanted to say I think you guys (dispatchers) are doing a great job. Currently I work in Ground Operations for Continental Airlines at KMDW but am hoping to transition to a First Officer Pilot position with XJT in the near future. I am applying in mid/late October. If you guys know anybody over there at HQ, mention my name :) I know George Semak at XJT and a few pilot's as well. Where did you guys do your training?

Aaron M. Adrian

Back