Explain To Me "Inflation" Again?

MFT1Air

No, it's not political. For most everyone here, way back when virtually ALL of us paid for gasoline? Ever since we got that license, the price of gas was significant.

Reflect? Dry or wet? Anyone remember how much they paid for 100LL for that Piper or Cessna? What WERE aviation fuel prices when one started flight training?

I'll be honest. I'm clueless. Gas prices? Yes. Aviation fuel prices? <crickets here>

Attachments

• gas sign.jpg
    gas sign.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1
  • gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 2
Cessna 152 at $32 wet, is what it was when I started on my PPL in 1987.

100LL? Ha! Back then it was 80/87 Octane (Red), 91/96 octane (Brown), 100/130 Octane (green), and 115/145 Octane (purple). 100LL (blue) came out later.

:/Story Time for kids.

Reflect? Dry or wet? Anyone remember how much they paid for 100LL for that Piper or Cessna? What WERE aviation fuel prices when one started flight training?

I remember it being somewhere under $1.50 when I stared flying in the 90's, regular gas was less than $1. I was also paying $31 wet for a Cessna then, and thought the $1,200 for a multi add-on seemed kind of pricey. The $18/hr I was making back then wasn't so bad in hindsight.

I remember it being somewhere under $1.50 when I stared flying in the 90's, regular gas was less than $1. I was also paying $31 wet for a Cessna then, and thought the $1,200 for a multi add-on seemed kind of pricey. The $18/hr I was making back then wasn't so bad in hindsight.

Traumahawk wet was $55 for me back in 2005. never EVER looked at the gas price. Ugh.

Back