Executive flyers bed

kflyer

Does anyone out there have recent experience instructing here? If so, wondering how things are there; do you keep busy, how's payscale, hows company to work for. Thanks

I don't work/fly out of there but they usually seem very busy. I know they just got a duchess. Everyone who I've met from there has been really nice. BED is a great airport to teach/train out of.

Owners are idiots! I don't know about now, and I am sure things are the same, but instructors used to flee as soon as they could get another job. I know there are some old instructors on JC and they will probably agree with me that you can fly your arse off, make some decent money but the stress from ownership is really not worth it.
Check out Eagle East at KLWM or Beverly Flight Center, both good outfits who take care of their CFI's.

I don't know much about the ownership there, but my friend used to work there last year, and as soon as he had enough time, he left and went to Colgan right before they stopped hiring at the beginning of the year. He told me that they told him things during the interview that they didn't live up to, and they were sometimes very critical on instructors. He said he was pretty busy, but that was also during the summer when business is busy everywhere. I can't tell you how busy they are in the winter when it's usually slower cause he left before it got really slow.

I can say that they are probably the most busy in the northeast in all seasons. Of course in the winter you will not be as busy but I would say that you would probably be more busy then most other CFIs in the area. As for the equipment and line service they are top notch. I think they are up there in dare I say the country as for the nicest, most well maintained, well cared for fleet.They have incredible line service to the point that when you walk out to a plane it is clean inside and out, there are no bugs to be found and the tanks are topped off and the oil is just right. Real great group of guys that work hard to keep things running smooth. They have a very large mx department that keeps the planes in great running shape and you will never be pressured to ever fly a plane that is anything but 100 percent and airworthy. The rare exception is a ferry flight or a checkout after MX work that you can turn down but that is typically something small such as verifying whether or not an alternator is charging.

I flew easily 140 hours per month every month I was there with no problem. I had enough students that could have kept me out straight though the winter months no problem. The trick there is to get a niche such as the 182s or be the G1000 guy or their great aerobatics program. The acro program is hard to get into to teach and its kind of a right place right time and you need a background in it. Multi time...forget about it. When I left I was the only CFI teaching in the twin and I flew less than 40 hours in it.

Does anyone out there have recent experience instructing here? If so, wondering how things are there; do you keep busy, how's payscale, hows company to work for. Thanks

I am a current instructor there. Things are definitely a little slack with winter approaching and the economy worsening, but I keep fairly busy. Payscale is standard for a 141 operation, which is to say, not great. Company is ok to work for, although there are several bosses. PM me with any questions.

Bernouli...were you there in 07'?

and you are not kidding about 7 bosses..its like office space. You have lead instructors, asst chief instructors, chief instructors, and head of flight ops and then there is the boss and then there is his mom who thinks she is the boss and the list goes on. Not sure if you are him but JK is a great CFI there and one of my friends, probably the lead instructor now or close to it id imagine.

Back