Ex-military/VRA controllers please post here

Not bad at all, thanks for all the information! I didn't even consider that I would be able to use the GI Bill for this before I read this post last week. *thumbs up* :D

Let me know if my math is correct with the new GI Bill, I am looking at making close to $6,000 a month while at OKC. With the new GI bill I will only get 80% of the full BAH /w dependants since I only served 28 months after 9/11.

Base Yearly Salary $21,731 ($19,200 plus 13.18% locality pay)
Base Monthly Salary $1,811 ($1,600 plus 13.18% locality pay)
GI Bill Training Program $1,101
New GI Bill $678 (80% of OKC rate w/ dependants)
Per Diem $2,385 ($79.50 a day)

Total $5,974

Not bad for us prior service folks. :rawk:

Yea, just don't spend the money before you get it if you haven't applied for the gi bill yet. I applied 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for the cash.

HD

Yea, just don't spend the money before you get it if you haven't applied for the gi bill yet. I applied 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for the cash.

HD

Amen to that brother! With my experience in the military, fed gov, and VA;,I can see that situation a mile away. :laff:

How far away from your class can you start the process? Did you start with the online app?

Let me know if my math is correct with the new GI Bill, I am looking at making close to $6,000 a month while at OKC. With the new GI bill I will only get 80% of the full BAH /w dependants since I only served 28 months after 9/11.

Base Yearly Salary $21,731 ($19,200 plus 13.18% locality pay)
Base Monthly Salary $1,811 ($1,600 plus 13.18% locality pay)
GI Bill Training Program $1,101
New GI Bill $678 (80% of OKC rate w/ dependants)
Per Diem $2,385 ($79.50 a day)

Total $5,974

Not bad for us prior service folks. :rawk:

I thought that the base pay was 31,700 a year + locality for VRA?

I thought that the base pay was 31,700 a year + locality for VRA?

Yes, if you were a prior controller in the miltiary you will start of at the AG rate. The rate of $19,200 is for students (excluding prior controllers) while at OKC.

Amen to that brother! With my experience in the military, fed gov, and VA;,I can see that situation a mile away. :laff:

How far away from your class can you start the process? Did you start with the online app?

Exactly. I'm going on waiting six weeks for the Gi Bill money and 3 months waiting for night differential back pay from the academy. Of course if I owed THEM just one cent, they'd take it out of my paycheck tomorrow!!!:mad: Gotta love it, huh?

HD

Exactly. I'm going on waiting six weeks for the Gi Bill money and 3 months waiting for night differential back pay from the academy. Of course if I owed THEM just one cent, they'd take it out of my paycheck tomorrow!!!:mad: Gotta love it, huh?

HD

When I was i the AF I remember newer Airmen getting paid extra money, sometimes several thousand extra. I would always tell them not to spend it and hold on to it, because when Uncle Sam finds out yu have it, he wants it back now and does not care about your financial situation and what you did with it.

I knew a girl that got overpaid once shortly after arriving at her first duty station (travel pay and all) and she got a leave and earnings stement for something like 14 cents. No crap the Gov't didn't care what her situation was, she was gonna get paid less than a dollar for two weeks of work. We laughed so hard at the fact that she couldn't even afford a bag of Ramen noodles with her paycheck:laff:. Of course she nearly cried but either way, the gov't can be ruthless!!! (by the way Tarheel if you're reading this it was YB, Yolanda)

HD

Back