Even more Colgan Rumors

Seggy

We were a week off, the BIG annoucement is coming next Monday the 18th. Expect base realignments.

Secondly, I was given a form today with another Captain who is working the next four days. We are being required to track our fuel burn this weekend. And was told, "Delta and United do not believe how much fuel the Q is burning. Use this form to keep track of your burns this weekend. We are being closely evaluated by them."

I heard that DAL and UAL walked off because we refused to support stations with our own personel.

Possibilities for the "Lynx" stuff if/when they go under... but thats all.

IAH flying will continue to reduce, and they are reducing EWR turns to 25 minutes. No more cleaning.

No more cleaning.

ewwwwwwww.

just doing the nightly cleaning?

Like that ever works.

<- Been there done that. Planes don't get really cleaned at most outstations. crap builds up. planes are nasty. Then the few that do, say 'screw it' and do quick cleans. planes get really nasty.

Fuel burn? How much, or how little?

I've ridden a Q jumpseat enough to know that the fuel burns of the Q are incredibly low for an airplane that carries so much.

RJ pilots need to be VERY afraid of the Q400.

Don't be afraid of the Dash 8, just be afraid of incompetent management that won't order it or new ATR's :banghead:

Burns between 2600-3200 pph depending on the configuration. Level cruise at a moderate altitude will be around 2800 or so.

Anothe rumor I heard though is that the EARLIEST we can see another Q on property would be June of 2010 because we deferred all of our options in favor of the nextgen Q400 whatever that is, better cupholders?

We get down to about 2200 pph total in the mid 20's, if they would ever start planning for us to get up there. I'm getting a bit tired of running EWR-RDU at 16000. It's telling when we're at 15000 YYZ-EWR with Porter 5 minutes ahead at 25000. Just poor planning.

Fuel burn update because I have nothing else to talk about.

16,000'
MCR 81%
TAS 365
Fuel flow left 1490
Fuel flow right 1490

We get down to about 2200 pph total in the mid 20's, if they would ever start planning for us to get up there. I'm getting a bit tired of running EWR-RDU at 16000. It's telling when we're at 15000 YYZ-EWR with Porter 5 minutes ahead at 25000. Just poor planning.

I may be wrong, but I think there is a reason you're going to RDU at 16,000'. When you start getting into high altitude Washington DC sectors, you're talking about some of the busiest airspace around.

It might be some sort of preferred routing/altitude deal. At 16 you're out of the way, in the 20's you're in the way.

The new ATR looks good. Word around here (AE) is we are in talks with ATR.

That's been the word for quite a few years now.

As for a Q400/ATR faceoff, the ATR wins hands down in fuel consumption...and that's about it. Unless they've doubled the size of the engines, it's a sea-level airplane of late-eighties vintage.

Colgan Rumors

Granted I've had eight drinks this evening but I think the rumor threads should go the way of the dinosaur.

They are totally pointless if a real news thread is going to come out a few days later.

Q400's scare me....but Q400's at Colgan..that doesn't scare me. Even if their fuel burn was 10gals/hr Colgan Mgmt would still screw it up.

Back